Saturday, May 26, 2007

Grim Noah's Ark.


My granny read this story in the Guardian--yeesh!

Endangered, hunted, smuggled and now abandoned, 5,000 of the world's rarest animals have been found drifting in a deserted boat near the coast of China.

The pangolins, Asian giant turtles and lizards were crushed inside crates on a rickety wooden vessel that had lost engine power off Qingzhou island in the southern province of Guangdong. Most were alive, though the cargo also contained 21 bear paws wrapped in newspaper.

According to conservation groups, the haul was discovered on one of the world's most lucrative and destructive smuggling routes: from the threatened jungles of south-east Asia to the restaurant tables of southern China.

According to the local media, the cargo included 31 pangolins, 44 leatherback turtles, 2,720 monitor lizards, 1,130 Brazilian turtles as well as the bear paws. Photographs showed other animals, including an Asian giant turtle.

That thing up above is a pangolin. That doesn't look so tasty to me. I hope the naked apes never get a taste for one of the rarest delicacies--the CORGADOR. I have to refrain from eating myself while I'm cleaning my paws because I'm so tasty.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Katherine and Pippa said...

Actually, my paws aren't my tastiest bits.

But p'raps I am younger than you.

7:21 AM  
Blogger charlotte's blog said...

hay wally just so u know im all better now thx for your concerns
lots of barks
charlotte

7:23 AM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

That thing looks like a dinosaur and I'm a Steinasaurus Rex. (don't ask.)
Ike

11:55 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Wally! You always have the most interesting and intelligent posts!

love readin them!

love and many licks, Marv xxxx

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

greetings,

Hi!!

A Pleasant warming for you at this day! I’d just leave a comment for what you posted
because I found it so informative just like what other had commented. Thank you very much
for sharing this on behalf of every body who already read this. And keep the good work..


More power,
Dhina Perez
Pet Strollers

11:49 AM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Terrible! I have never seen such an animal!

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home