Thursday, June 21, 2007

Doggy Personal Trainers

Speed Demon!

The Times has an article today about dogrunners, people hired to take other peoples' dogs for runs in order to exhaust them.

The couple found their own dog runner, but in a growing number of cities one merely has to ask around a dog park or search Google to find one. At a time when affluent dog owners coddle their pets with massage, antidepressants and spa vacations, it’s not surprising that dogs have the equivalent of personal trainers.

“Dog running went from unheard of to über-hip,” said William Sharp, a part-time dog walker in San Francisco. “People like telling their friends, ‘I have to leave a key for Fifi’s dog runner.’ It’s far more sexy than ‘dog walker,’ which is so yesterday.” His business is down because, he said, “The runners are literally leaving me in the dust.”

This would be good for my overexcitable sissy but I'd prefer a personal chef to a personal trainer. I guess I do have a personal walker AND personal chef I call "Ma Ape" but maybe I should look into a professional.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Katherine and Pippa said...

The trouble is Wally, do you want a professional service - or lots of food?

Ma ape's budget probably won't stretch to all those trainers and chefs and food.

Pippa

6:16 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

The sad thing here in malaysia that there's NO doggie parks at all!!! It's very sad... So our hoomans & mommy just bring us for loooong walks & sometimes let us loose in the kiddo's park at nite where no one is there. Hehehe...

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

6:23 AM  
Blogger Nessa Happens said...

Wally - you do realize that's Wimsey, right??? His personal trainer is a short guy and he runs with a Weimeraner! It's wimsey in that picture!!!

7:30 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Wow Wally, I never knew about such a career. Maybe my Mom could do that...it would help her get in shape - hee, hee, hee. Oh, wait that would mean I'd need to share her. Um, I don't like that. Never mind.

Lots of Licks, Ruby

9:18 AM  
Blogger Frasier said...

Mommy said she wants to do that job!
Frasier

9:29 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

If my dad could run more then 1/2 mile at a time I would have my own personal dog runner.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Oh yeah I should say that my dad used to be able to run more then 1/2 mile but since his knee surgery he is still working up to more.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home