Monday, June 02, 2008

Meet OSCAR

It's time for me to stop being so coy. Meet OSCAR. This Ethel Impersonator was left at the SPCA by an owner who lost his home. Oscar was up for adoption. We don't know what happened to his previous owner.

Our rescue friend took him home to briefly foster him but he had a full house and couldn't keep him. Oscar fit with our pre-existing color scheme, though he does need some highlights like ours, don't you think? Maybe a little white on the chest and on the toes?

Oscar is around 11 months old and is a totally gnarly teenager. He thinks everything rawks. He didn't know how to do a lot of stuff like play with toys or how to go for walkies or how to eat chews so we've been busy teaching him how to do stuff like eat bully sticks:

And bug sissy:

And play keep away:




You see why I have been too busy/too tired to post.

Tomorrow Oscar is going to the v-e-t for a bit of the old neutering. My ma ape tells me I have to quit calling it the nut cut but he has an undescended testicle so I am just calling it as I am seeing it. Everyone wish Oscar some good luck. My ma ape is wondering how he is going to be able to handle the rest time because this dude has some energy.

I am taking suggestions for things to add to the list of things I need to teach Oscar (he already knows to be scared of The Wally. And he is). Also, someone suggested that I hump some sense into this dude and I have most def done that. I have pictures to prove it. So tomorrow during the nut cut. Er, the SURGERY I will post some pics and tell you more about Oscar and The Grouch.

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Good Luck Oscar!!! It's really nice to meet you.

Um Wally, is he a new member of the family or just visiting???

Lots of Licks, Ruby

8:31 PM  
Blogger Sancha said...

If I had a sibling I would teach him to eat only half of his food and politely leave the rest for me. Also to stay the heck away from the bed and to stand nearby and take the blame anytime I get into the trash. Not sure exactly how you teach these things (since I sure as hell wouldn´t do it by example), but there must be something on the web.

8:53 PM  
Blogger The Brat Pack said...

We're so happy to meet Oscar - he's a new member right and not a foster??? RIGHT????????

He's YOUNG...think of the things you could teach him!! He's totally your Padawan dude.

Bear

10:49 PM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

Welcome Oscar! We'll be sending lots of good "find the peenut" vibes to the vet tomorrow, and lots of "whoa, enjoy the wacko juice and giggle gas" vibes to Oscar.
Are you sure he's not yours and Ethel's long lost love pup?

wags from the whippets

10:56 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Dude! WTF?!?
You are going to have to do some serious a*s kicking and teaching. Whoa - how are you going to keep up with him? I was tired just looking at the pics!
Ike
PS - Welcome OSCAR! - Can you even type yet?

11:01 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Wally
Wow!!!
I'm away fow a while and you clone Ethel??

welcome Oscaw!!!I hope youw suwgewy goes smoofly and wifout incidentses, so you can get back to basic twaining with Wally
smoochie kisses
ASTA
pee ess I owiginally came to thank you fow all youw good wishes fow Daddi..he's lots bettewThanks!
love
ASTA

11:55 PM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

I'm back from kennels and looking forward to catching up with everyones blogs.

Simba x

2:34 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Just think of the free time you will have while Ethel and Oscar are occupied to finally get some serious work done. While those of the pointy, upright ears are ripping up the yard, you can create works of great genius, eat all the cookies, and have excellent naps!

xo
SB

6:59 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Oh and Wally ... teach him nothing! You don't want those two organizing or anything.

xo
SB

6:59 AM  
Blogger Lenny said...

Hey Wally, how long is Oscar sticking around?
I put up the picture of Gracie the Corgador on my blog - I referenced and linked your blog in the post, for purposes of corgador comparison, if that's okay. If not, let me know and I'll take it down.

Your friend, Lenny

7:13 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

sorry, we are a bit behind. Or we would have warned Ma Ape that the pain killers they gave Teka after she had her "operation" failed to slow her down a bit. Muzzer recommends heavy doses of alcohol applied directly to the human.

kisses
gussie

10:04 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Oh good luck on the nut cut and I am sure you are teaching him all the right things wally.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

I want OSCAR tuesdays!

I am also in need of a bruddar.

pls send me one.

xo,

ernsto

1:23 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Hiya Oscar! Paws are crossed that you don't have to wear the dreaded lampshade so Wally and Ethel get to laugh at you!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

4:41 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Of course, I'm sending healing goober smooches for the Oscar Boy. Hope the cut goes well.

So..... is he a permanent addition to Wally World? What have you done so far to train him? I think it's always best to be unpredictable... that way you'll keep him a little off balance.

Goob love & smoocharoonies to you, man,
Stanley

6:27 AM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

omdog so like he is living in your house FUREVER??? holy crap I missed a lot while I was away.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home