Sunday, November 25, 2007

Dogs in the News!

http://www.elanajames.com/images/ejm_pageimg28.jpg

I was reading CNN.com today and it was crap as usual, except for the news about DOGS! Here is a story about Ten Dogs Who Changed the World. No Wally mention, though I suspect it is probably because they're saving that for the dogs who changed the UNIVERSE.

Here are my favorites:

No. 9. Peps, Wagner's harshest critic

Without Peps, composer Richard Wagner's Cavalier King Charles spaniel, that helicopter scene in the film "Apocalypse Now" (scored to "The Ride of the Valkyries") might sound very different. Wagner would have Peps sit on a special chair as he played his latest compositions and, based upon the dog's reactions, he'd keep or toss each passage.

and

No. 7. Newfoundland saves Napoleon

Napoleon Bonaparte owed his life to a nameless Newfoundland. As Bonaparte fled the island of Elba in 1815, where he was exiled, choppy seas pitched him overboard. A fisherman's dog jumped in after the drowning despot and kept him afloat. Napoleon lived to experience his own defeat at the Battle of Waterloo.

And (to explain the picture above) also, Willie Nelson is helping out the dogs of Georgia by lending his support to a law to stiffen penalties for dog fighting. Go Willie! That's like Wally only different.

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Randi said...

GO WILLIE! I wonder where we can all get a bandana with braids like that Corgi's wearing...very spiffy. Yes- Wally, you must wait for the next installment on CNN...dogs that changed the Universe..& they must comb the ENTIRE UNIVERSE...better just send them an email & let them know where to find you.

Love & Licks,
Randi

PS.. HI ETHELLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love Willie too! He's a true dude and a dog's best friend. I am learning a lot from you and put a link to you on my blog. I hope to see you there. I just started so you are my guru. Shake my paw!

Thanks!
Snoop

2:45 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Wallyicious, You make my universe a better place every single day, so there. My mom says you are a great diversion when she's writing. You'd think I would be enough, but ......

Is that dog with Willie a corgi? I thought it kind of looked like Pippa.

xo
SB

2:54 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Wally
Maybe we will never be in the news but sure we make the difference in the world!
Have a nice day
Lorenza

6:11 PM  
Blogger Deefor said...

Catching up on my reading. Sorry about the Cornhuskers. Sounds tasty. Willy is helping pass a law about dog fighting in Georgia! My hero.

Deefor

http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/11/24/5407/

8:03 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Woober Boy!!

Willie Nelson is an often misunderstood guy, but really, he's just a big fuzzy PEACH! (LOve ya, Willie)!

I'm with Sophie. You make my universe a better place everyday I read your nuggets of love on the internets. CNN must be waiting for Wolf Blitzer or Anderson Cooper to come interview you before they run the story. (Get Wolf's autograph for me, will ya?)

Goober love & smoocharoonies for you & Ethel,
Stanley

Pee Ess
I'm gonna warn you now, Stella's diggin' on you too (not just Sherman).

9:22 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

woo willy and wally and the wacky toba...um...nevermind.

dogs rule!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Wally
that Willy stowy is cool! good fow him!!!
I aways knew behind evewy gweat hooman thew e was a doggie!
You do make the univewse bettew by just existing Wally !Thank you!
smoochie kisses
Asta

11:54 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

WALLY!!!! WE WON!!!! The Saskatchewan Rough Riders beat the pants off the Winnipeg .... well, whatever they are. They have terrible uniforms. Looks like some home-ec class sewing them in the 70s .... but, WE WON!!!!! First time since 1989. It was all because of you, Wally. I just know it. Thanks for filling your heart with Rider Pride and being the mascot in absentia.

A big giant smoochie for you!

xo
SB

Go Green!

11:55 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Was I in it?
Ike

12:16 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

Willie looks almost as good as you in that picture. Almost, but not quite.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Jake of Florida said...

We wanna wear braids like that!!! Mom loves Willy; his music helped her over sad times -- and he is often so misunderstood.

It's unanimous though: CNN and Willy have to do a story about the one and only Corgador: "Willy Wails with Wally" will be the title.

Woofs, Wally,

Jake and Just Harry

4:31 PM  
Blogger Katherine and Pippa said...

Willie Nelson has nearly as many grey hairs as master, hehehe. Cool guy though - always good for famous people to do good doggie things.

I think Sophs needs glasses - that dog - although very good looking, is smaller than me. IMO

Pippa

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home