Saturday, December 04, 2010

The End of an Era!

Lil' Red is warming up his vocal cords.

And I am licking my chops in anticipation.



Yes, the day has FINALLY arrived. The LAST Nebraska/Oklahoma game is tonight! And as an older fellow I am quite fond of HISTORY and OU/NU is an historical rivalry!




But this game also has a great deal of pawsonal meaning for me as my best brindle gal, Mayzie, is on the wrong side on this one!


We are Montagues and Capulets! Torn apart by our loyalty to our Red Families!


And to think, Mayzie, you are siding with the Boomer Sooners instead of this depawaire gentleman in his best Husker prep wear! Well, after tonight the Big 12 will be no more and we can go back to be bestie brindle buds. But tonight GO BIG RED!!!!!

And now some happy memories from the past:





Go Huskers! Do it for Wally!

*Ma ape says I must apologize for using so many exclamation points because I am not Friedrich Nietzsche. But I am just! so! excited! I haven't snored this loud in ages!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Ha!

Nietzsche!!

Go Red!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Phillies Red!

7:24 PM  
Blogger H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

My Human, who went to Mizzou, is glad that NU's final Big 12 game is against OU. It is fitting. She will miss NU, but not Colorado next year.

She also says that it's too bad the Big 8 no longer exists.

And she concluded her comments with stating (once again) that she hates the Boomer Sooner song.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Kari in Alaska said...

We are rooting for the huskers :)

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that was a Most Wonderful movie abouts the history of OU and NU. We hadn't seen it before but my mom has told me all abouts what a super special rivalry this has always been. She says that it's kind of like you and me, Otis. We both want to win but in the end, we're still gonna be furends no matter what the final score is. It's WAY different from how we Sooners feel abouts the those...grrrrr...Longhorns.

BOOMER SOONER!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy moley, Otis! What a game!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

11:51 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

We loved seeing the Wally pictures, and think that Otis Potus is quite De Boner in his preps.

gussie

8:09 AM  
Blogger tula monstah said...

geesh i'm seeing redballs!!!!!

rut roh. just saw the score. zzzip my lippz. sorry.

scratchies,
tula

9:15 AM  
Blogger Jed and Abby in MerryLand said...

Hey Otis! We won, you lost :) But mama reminds me it was too close a game to allow me to gloat [much]. Definitely a poignant game: end of an historic rivalry, end of the Big 12, end of an era when football conferences were based on something other than the sheer greed of the suits that control everything. Just one more change, not for the better, that makes mama feel old.

Boomer Sooner!

Jed & Abby

3:25 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Well, you just keep cheering them on, they will hear you sooner or later.

Slobbers,
Mango

P.S. Nice lipstick there, Otis. You da man!

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Shauna (Fido and Wino) said...

I hope the game went the way you wanted it to! :)

(I think I just exposed my lack of sports knowledge there ;))

1:54 AM  
Blogger LailaSmith01 said...

Aw I like the photos and the dog's uniform...lol...They obviously love the game...They are the super fans!!!


dog pens

5:51 AM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Go big red!
Ike

12:27 AM  
Blogger Moose said...

Wally Face! Nice to see him again. We don't follow the sports but I guess from the comments that Wally is feeling rather gruff on the other side of the bridge and the rest of yous are too. Otis looks so collegiate in his sweater though and Edgrr is beyond adorable as always! I bet Wally is very proud that he is representin' for the normal height doggies!

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home