Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Tail of the Pink Monkey

A few weeks ago I got a box of monkeys from my Grammie. Ok, monkeys and apes (for my onkel eric who like to keep his monkey distinct from his apes). Meet the simian who has risen above the rest, the Pink Monkey.


The Pink Monkey has seen better days. He is missing his tail, an eye, an arm, and his belly button.

Who is responsible for this carnage? Could these hooligans be involved?

The Oscar Bean, Super Teen disagrees vigorously:

So vigorously, indeed, that if he had any brain they would be scrambled like an egg. No, here is the truth. The Pink Monkey is a victim of brotherly love. Ordinarily I do not share my stuffies. Indeed, I prefer to disembowel alone, and I maintain my solitary stuffitude with great vigilance with what the ma ape calls "first class bastardy." Namely, I show my teeth and give a growl worthy of a tiger.


But I let my baby brudder play tug with me over the Pink Monkey.

And thus I contemplate the power of the pink monkey, able to bring together two brothers in a bond over ripping a stuffy limb from limb. Could we have discovered the secret to world peace? Or just good way to spend a Saturday morning?

Behold, the pink monkey.

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

How many pink monkeys will we be sending SOME where?

Great work!

I hear your name being announced fur the Nobel Peace Prize this time NEXT year!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Go Phillies AND please Igggles please!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

I wonder how many pink monkeys it would take to solve the mideast crisis???

Hmmm...something to think about!

Lots of Licks, ruby

10:18 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

I think it might be a little of both. :)

11:59 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

Who would have thought that Pink Monkey could hold so much power. The old gal had no idea when she got it that it had magic powers. Maybe they only come out in the presence of Wally-ness. He does look happy for one who is missing so many parts. He is truly magical.
I can't believe Big Red hasn't found the perfect home yet.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

I love that pink monkey. I would tug that pink monkey with you too.

xo
SB

12:52 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

A few body parts are worth it for that kind of love between two brothers. What a selfless soul that monkey is.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Who would have guessed. A pink monkey=world peace. Start working on your acceptance speech for the Nobel Peace Prize is what we say.
Hugs
Sunny&Scooter
pee ess It really IS a cool monkey.

1:38 PM  
Blogger the Corgi Girls said...

We think the pink brought out your sensitive sides...

;o)
M & I

3:08 PM  
Blogger BenTheRotti said...

I think we should ship a whole lorryload of pink monkeys to the middle-east!
What a great way to bond.. I'm not sure the monkey would agree however!

love and tailwags,
Ben xxxx

4:14 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Wally, are you actually sharing with that goofball? I don't know if its worth it.

Slobbers,
Mango

7:45 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Wow! We didn't know pink monkeys had such power!

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home