Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wally Tamale's Guide to the I-90 Corridor!

I live on the I-90 Corgador, er, Corridor! Sophina La Brador's Ape is contemplating a trip down my way and asked--D.C., Philly, or Pittsburgh? I have to admit that I've never been to Pittsburgh but if it is good enough for Sherman, it is good enough for me! It is home to the favorite team of the Shermanator AND Joe Stains:


They should do something about those flaming helmets. That doesn't look safe and I'm fairly certain it violates NFL regulations.

As for D.C., this is a good time to visit because soon the Pawliticians will be heading home to campaign/raise money/plan their "End of Our Long Nightmare" parties. D.C. has lovely things to do like visit our nation's capital, the Smithsonian, Dick Cheney's Man Sized Safe, the National Gallery of Art, the Holocaust Museum, the Museum of Women in Arts, the International Spy Museum, the Newseum and the National Portrait Gallery--though I think they are no longer displaying Stephen Colbert so why would you want to go? Since it is not peak tourism time there should be hotel rooms--cheap! My ma ape had a great time when she was an intern there in the late-90s. And she didn't even get any stains on her dresses! While you are there perhaps you could restore honor and dignity to the White House!



Philly, on the other hand, has many things to offer OTHER than a depressingly high rate of violent crime. There is a nice Art Museum, the Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology at Penn, ROCKY!, Cheesesteaks, Monk's, the African-American Museum, and Mayor Nutter (seriously! That's his name!) (P.S. Cheesesteaks are mingin'!) If you're into American history there's a TON of stuff like the Liberty Bell and the Constitution Center and you can visit Ben Franklin's old home and the hole in the ground where he used to poo (no word on who picked it up). And perhaps most awesome is the Mutter Museum of Medical Oddities with highlights like Grover Cleveland's secret tumor!


Philadelphia also benefits from being in close proximity to one Wally T. Corgador. You can probably read my Pee Mails from there!


Delaware also has...um....Joe Biden? Blue Hens? Toll Booths? Your ape could always come back with perhaps the greatest gift EVER!

BIG RED! He has the same haunting green eyes as Ms. La Brador. Don't you think they'd look keen together? As brother and sister, of course.

This has been Wally's Guide to the I-90 Corridor! PBS! Gimme a travel show!

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Dexter said...

My momma went to that Mudder Museum. She said it was totally cool.

Slobbers,
Mango

6:57 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Muzzer Museum. I know she is old Wally, but a museum. I think she will be upset

gussie

7:50 PM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

I would sooooo sponsor your show!!

Sophie - go to DC! ;)

and then on your way home pick up big RED...so I can finally meet him!

Now, that's a plan!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

Ya THE BURGH!!! That flaming helmet is mom's desktop background. But I would sure love to see Big Red go to live with Sophie. As long as he knew that it was just a brother/sister relationship.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Wally, My ape says thanks for the great travel guide. I keep telling her, Philly, just so she can be close to you, but who knows what she'll decide. She has to decide quick, before the clock runs out on her flight credit.

I'm not sure how I feel about her bringing Big Red home, but I sure wish someone would. I'm sending special smoochie Sophie vibes to him, so he'll get adopted.

xo
SB

9:33 PM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

What a great travel guide. I love the photo with the baby lol.

Simba x

3:04 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Dad was in Pittsburgh for the transplant olympic games and he said that it was an awesome city!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

4:10 AM  
Blogger Nancy at the Farm said...

If PBS doesn't give you a travel show, call the cable company, you have natural talent. We saw a tv program on the Mutter Museum and it was so gross we loved it!

Dozer, Dottie and Cooper

9:19 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

Sophie and Red. That would be a great team. Everyone needs a brother, I think.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Pittsburgh!!! I will be happy to be the most dashing tour guide Miss Sophie's Ma has ever seen. And I have 3 cats living in my yard so we'd have a smashing good time chasing them all over the place! W00t!

Sherms

1:39 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

wow wally...you are just like a little walking talking travel blog..you made my mom wanna pack up the pitmoble and head over yonder the the U S OF A

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home