Sunday, August 24, 2008

SPCA Saturday!

Yes, it is that time of the week again when my harlot-y ma ape goes peddling her wares at the SPCA and gives smooches to dogs other than me. Shocking but must be seen!

There were two terriers who were picked up by animal control and it is totes weird because they look purebred and were nice. They don't have names yet so we'll call this one Terror One. One is a wild man who loves to play and is very confident.


And Terror Two. He supposedly has some aggression issues which my ma ape found out after she'd taken him out and let him crawl all over her. He's really just shy and wants someone who is patient and lovey with him.

This older gent is Fritz! He is a cocker spaniel with cataracts (maybe). He's really nice and has totes great leash manners.

This is Bow! He's a goofy pit. He likes the roachin'!

Duuuuuuuude. This is Bruno who, underweight, is at least 80 pounds. Dude is goofy and likes to play.

Look at Casey! She was maybe the wildest dog at the SPCA! She looooooooves her some playing.

And here's spot! Spot's a nice lady who likes walking.


My ma ape would also like to put in another plug for her bud, BIG RED by showing him showing off his goofy personality. He can blow raspberries.


And here he shows off his corgi impersonation. He's trying to fool my ma ape into thinking he's a corgador. Good try, bud! Someone adopt this sweet pea!


I will show you the pictures later but I have to say we dodged a MAJOR bullet around here. There was a corgi mix (corgi/beagle. a borgi) named Tinkerbell who was totes awesome and my ma ape wanted SO BAD because Tinkerbell was so unhappy at the SPCA but then some other people came and adopted her while my ma ape was there! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! No baby sister. Whew. She's a corgi so you know she woulda ruled the roost.

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Patience-please said...

We love your ma ape. Yep, we do.

wags from the whippets

12:48 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

OH MAN WALLY! I can't take this. Why won't someone take Big Red? He's so cute.

xo
SB

12:51 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

Grammie loves that cocker with the cataracts. That one would be in the old dogs home if she had one.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Lenny said...

I hope Big Red finds a home soon. I was wondering about him. Maybe we could send him to the White House for the Obama girls.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

What a bummer, Mom wants all of them. I am so toast if they ever go on a door to door adoption campaign.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Oh those terriers look kinda like me and Teka. But I checked. We are still here!

kisses
gussie

1:43 PM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

your Ma ape is the best! You know that, don't you!?

sending positive for BIG red to find a home soon! xox

6:35 PM  
Blogger Mack said...

Mom wants that Rottie so bad. She just loves em. (Tail or no). Her Rottie was 160 pounds so I'm sure the dude would gain like 20 pounds the first week. Our dad said no. Thank dogness.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Princess, Tank and Isaac: The Newfs of Hazard said...

Tell your ma ape to hold out for a pair of Newfs!

9:30 PM  
Blogger The Brat Pack said...

Ooooh, we love Bruno! Can't believe Big Red is still there, will they hold her till she gets a home?

Bear

9:34 AM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

I'm pretty sure McCain would call your mom a trollop - but he calls his wife that so ...
I wish our group of humane societies was as humane as yours. Check out the cover story on citypages.com. My mom was a tech there for 3 days and quit because they pretty much euthanize every animal that isn't perfect. Doesn't make sense to have tons of empty kennels and giving the needle to countless dogs, does it?
Ike

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home