Saturday, July 05, 2008

The Fourth of Joooooo-ly.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. The fourth of July is a mixed bag as holidays go. On the one hand, I hate the goddamn firecrackers and they make me feel like this:

I mean, my ma ape was so scared she had to sleep on the floor with me and she was shaking so hard it made ME shake. Jeez. But then there are also a lot of snackables and grilling outside that makes me feel like this:

Like these. These are mojitos!

And look at this! A vegetable salad and a steak! And that steak was for US! But there was one steak for THREE dogs. How does that make sense? I'm telling you--no one around here can do math but me.

And look! Here is where part of our Wallymelon went. Into the biggest fruit salad in the WORLD.

And some of it went here--Oscar's first Wallymelon.

We all ate some, especially me.

And while the food was a-grillin' we got BONES.


Oscar loved his.


But he was very protective of it.


While I savored mine like a gentleman.


Now leave me alone with my din-dins, pooperazzi. It's like the damn Ivy around here. (pssst--did you get my good side?)

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Peanut said...

bones, steak and wallymelon what more could you ask for. Did I ever tell you what a weirdo my mom is that she doesn't like wallymelon. She says it is disgusting.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Princess, Tank and Isaac: The Newfs of Hazard said...

We hate the fireworks, too! but we think of them as an invading force and we bark our fool heads off to be sure nobody even thinks of messing with us. We got yummy hambergers, toasted marshmallows, a tiny piece of an ice cream sandwich, and

and

Wallymellon! We loved the WM the papa picked out - yummy!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

That is a LOT of fruit salad for sure! I think it would be SO totally pawesome if your Mom got a Wally tattoo! WHat about a life sized portrait of your head on her back??

8:00 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Wally!
You all had a great celebration! Taking apart those fireworks you had pawesome food!
My mom is not so sure about the bones but she is drooling looking at the fruit salad!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

10:56 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

I think the Wally tat is a great idea too. Franky, I'm surprised your ma ape hasn't done it already. But then you know those apes. It almost always takes us dogs to work out the smart stuff.

xo
SB

11:31 PM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

oh, that's some feast there Wally! Lucky dogs you!

7:18 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

That's a mighty big bone for you. Hope you didn't hurt yourself. I'm assuming that you got all the steak and none for those other two. That's how I would have divided it.

Slobbers,
Mango

10:33 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Raw meaty bones, mojitos, wallymelon & salad...Sounds like a pawsome 4th of Joooo-ly to me! I guess the firecrackers kinda spoiled it a bit for ya.

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

10:53 AM  
Blogger Nancy at the Farm said...

Hi Wally, You got a lot more than we did! We just got kibble but maybe next year. We like your pictures lots.

Dozer and Coop

11:45 AM  
Blogger the Corgi Girls said...

Mojitos are DELISH!!!! Looks great Wal... even the infamous Wallymellon...

;o)
M & I

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home