Friday, June 27, 2008

Your O 2008

It is now the time of the sporting season when I am anxiously awaiting the start of the Cornhusker season as well as the inevitable disappointment by my baseball teams (Mariners/Cubs/Phillies). And this year filling in the gap is FUTBOL! Euro 08!

My team--Les BLEUS!--suffered from a bad case of Coachus Lameus and were knocked out in the first round. My sissy is a fan of Brazil (the beautiful game) so she doesn't have a horse in this race. My Auntie Ira's Russians just lost to Spain. So that leaves Oscar's team:

Deutschland!!!!!!!!!!!! They're playing in the final on Saturday so we got out the ole futbol to knock it around a bit:

But Oscar found himself playing defense more than offense.

Um, I'm not sure the mouth move is legal but no one got a red card:

Clearly Oscar needed help.

So we decided to play Boys Against Girls.

I taught Oskie one of my patented moves--the underbelly! You slip underneath your opponent and steal the toy/snack/bully stick. It didn't work so well for him because he has, um, legs.

He also tried one of my other moves, the Charm n' Grab.

And who won the Boys vs. Girls match?

Ethel, Ethel, Ueber Alles!

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Moco said...

Of course ETHEL won. She is not to be out smarted by the two of you.

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who can tell? I can tell those two apart. I wonder if O loves E so much because he has narcissistic tendencies? You might need to out your shrink cap on for that one. In the meantime, your movie star cap works just fine and I would be honoured to spend time on the casting couch. I figure, you have to do all the work anyway. I'm just in it for the kicks, baby.

xo
SB

P.S. So cool that we will have matching collars!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Ooops ... that was really from me. I figure you know that, but just in case. I don't want you thinking my mom is flirting with you. Although she would give you giant smoochies if she saw you in person -- and then she might try to bring you home with her.

xo again
SB

12:26 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

My mom says of course ethel won. I think she most likely cheated

2:03 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

teca says:

Ethel, Ethel, Uber Alles!

Go Frauliens

Teca Too

2:19 PM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

So, my mom's group has a spaniard, a russian, an italian, a turk and a german - every day is Eurofest. How much work was done last week?

v.little, they were all in their offices working (hah) with the doors closed.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

Are you sure Ethel is not taking performance enhancing drugs???

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home