Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Tale of Two Grammies!

OK, this is really about one Grammie but the title is literary and stuff. You all know that I have many admirers including my Granny (N for Nebraska) and Grammie (M for My Friend Peanut's Grammie!). That's a lot of grandparent love for one little dude. Let me demonstrate.

Last Saturday my sissy and I were yellingyellinyelling at the door and my ma ape was yellingyellingyelling at us. "WHAT is your PROBLEM" is what she said. And then she found that the mail lady (who is totally cool and gives us snacks if we're outside so we always yell hello at her. For a good 5-10 minutes) had brought me a BOX! See, it has my name on it! And it is priority mail so that means that I am a PRIORITY!


Ma ape! Put down the camera and pick up the pace! (Do you see me doing the alien eyes above, Grammie? That's because I could TELL it was from you...)


I found a card inside for ME! From Moco, Foley, Dawson and my very own GRAMMIE!


It is a burpday card which is both festive and bossy--like me!--because in addition to wishing me a great burpday Grammie also instructs me to tell my ma ape to get off her lazy keister and make me a ramp to get into the big bed with her! (Grammie might have put it a bit more nicely but I'm sure she meant to say the keister bit).


Grammie knows me so well! She sent me Nathan's Hot Dogs which are the kind they eat in the Hot Dog eating contest July 4th at Coney Island.


Grammie knows I'm in training as a serious competitive eater. I'm an athlete and I need regular training!

And my ma ape let my sissy have some even though the card said I can share with Ethel, not that I have to.


Mmmmm...Lambie Liver. Grammie also sent breath mints and I was pretty surprised she could smell my sissy's stank breath all the way on the other coast! I told sissy she stunk. And Grammie sent me BOOOOONES.

Look at me! I'm verklempt. Thanks Grammie! I'm currently working on boxing up some smoocheroonies. My ma ape says we'll have to send them overnight, though, so they don't spoil in the mail.

Labels: , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Randi said...

Oh Wally! You have the best Grannie ever! Please let me know when you are training for the competitive eating contest...maybe we can train together...You'll be just like Seabiscuit & I'll be the horsie that keeps you company...but instead of being horses in stables..we'll be pigs at an all you can eat buffet!

Love & Licks,
Randi

ps...HELLO ETHELLLLLL!!!!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

Wow does Grammie know you or what??? Hot dogs and liverables! You're the luckiest dude.

Think you could send me some of those smoocheroonies? I don't like too far away.

Sherman

5:25 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

We are glad that you got the goodies and are enjoying them. It is nice that you are sharing with ETHEL. Grammie is happy to be getting smooches. ENJOY-you deserve it. Happy Valentines Day to you both also.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Wally, Clearly the folks advertising on your comments page know not who they are talking to. You don't need no personals! Everyone woman dog, and lots of the boy dogs too, are swooning after your Wally-iciousness.

But I didn't know it was your burpday! Oh my DoG. I have to get busy.

xo
SB

6:48 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Oh my goodness look at all the stuff Grammie sent you. I will try not to be jealous. She sent me and FLash some doggie brownies but mom has to bake them and she hasn't done it yet. She's lazy. When is your burpday dude?

7:37 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Lucky boy!... and girl! You got delicious treats from your Grammie!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

11:55 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Do you want to have a hotdog eating contest with me?
Ike

1:26 AM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

wow you sure are lucky to have one the grammiegranny jackpot! I think I can smell Ethels breath here, but Mom says its probably just my own.

2:23 AM  
Blogger Katherine and Pippa said...

Wally. Do you realise you are starting to SHOUT like Ethel?

Pippa

4:10 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

Those hot dogs look excellent. I tasted some the other day and was impressed. Not sure they were as good as yours though!

Toodle pip
Harry x

4:25 AM  
Blogger Katherine and Pippa said...

This is for Ethel. I am going to SHOUT too so that she can hear me.

HELLO ETHEL. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY FROM PIPPA IN SPAIN. I HOPE YOU HAVE LOTS OF FURRY TENNIS BALLS TODAY.

LOVE FROM VALENTINE PIPPA XXXX

Perhaps I overdid it on the shouting......

4:35 AM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

happy upcoming festivities!!! That's a great idea, and your Grammie is the bestest!!!

you would love a ramp.

wags from the whippets

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home