Thursday, October 25, 2007

Get Well Grammie!

Here I am thinking wistfully about my Grammie who had gall bladder surgery and is recovering! If you would like to send her well-wishes you should stop by Peanut's blog--he and his family deserve all the support they can get!

Now, there is some confusion about my actual relation to Grammie. Here is the story of how I adopted her as MY Grammie. My Granny lives in Nebraska and she raised my ma ape which was surely a Herculean task. But I got mad at her once when she suggested that her dog Conan (RIP big guy!) was cuter than me. Now, I shouldn't be jelly because 1) Conan raised my ma ape during her impressionable adolescence and prevented her from becoming a feckless hooligan. She could have turned out much worse. I mean, it's hard to imagine something worse than a Philosopher major but I'm sure there something. 2) Had she not been owned by Conan, she would not have known the wonder of the corgi and then would never have taken it to the next level--THE CORGADOR. So I've forgiven my granny and we're all good (especially if you visit, granny!) but in the process I gained a Grammie.

So, long story short, Grammie always comes to my blog and says nice things and she came and said she would always tell me how handsome I am so I adopted her. And I sent her a Wally magnet to put on her freezing box which means we're bound together forEVER. She and I have a lot in common, too. We both love the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Mariners, Ichiro, and ME!

So get well soon, Grammie! And it sounds like things are pretty hectic for the Peanut Gang so I hope things improve for his family, too. We are thinking of your grammie and your pops and sending good vibes your way. And I have a big head so those are BIG vibes!

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

I enjoy all this history stuff. Grammie is soooo cooool. We love her too.

We have sent good wishes via Peanut.

love and licks, Marvin xxxxx

4:43 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Wally
Sure Grammie is very nice. I sent her good vibes too!
We all wish the best to Peanut and his family.
Have a nice day
Lorenza

5:30 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Wally...we sure like reading your granny's comments, so we will drop by Peanut's blog and leave a little song or poem, just for her.

Also, she may have raised a philosopher, but my muzzer and Dad have raised an (gasp!) English major! I now know that it is all the fault of Tobias and Nigel - they clearly did not raise her right at all.

cheers
Gussie

7:29 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

we saw the peanut sometimes has trouble getting internet access, so here is Grammie's poem just in case he doesn't see it before he leaves.

Wally's Grammie felt so ill
She asked the Doctor for a pill

The Doctor said, "oh my, oh no
Your gall bladder has got to go!"

So Grammie, friend, mother, wife
Said "Ok Doc, go get the knife."

Your gall bladder has bit the dust
Now here you have a poem by Gus!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

we sent our good wishes to grammie, she sure is a nice lady! I am glad about conan because I cant imagine what like would be like without wally!

10:25 PM  
Blogger The Brat Pack said...

Sending good doggie vibes from us, too.

We love your blog, Wally. You're so insightful.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

Walls:
Thanks so much for all the good feelings. I am sure that is why I got through the surgery without a problem. Luckily they did not have to cut me open, just poke me full of holes. The old gallbladder that was full of stones is lying in a heap somewhere. Maybe they will take it to Roswell for study. We all know how I feel about aliens.
I got Pappy to make me a bowl of soup yesterday. I think that was quite a feat in itself.
Very soon I will be working on your blankie.
Love from,
Grammie

1:13 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Grammie is the coolest. I love her. That is a cool poem Gus wrote.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Wally, hope that Grammie gets better soon. J x

6:33 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Woober!

You know, since she's a grammie to me too, you and I are practically related, buddy.

Thanks for the scoop on her surgery. I've been so caught up in my own sissy drama that I didn't even know.

I'll go send her some goob smooches, but I'm sure she's doing great with your large cranium vibes going out to her through the airewaves.

Goober love,
Stanley

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home