Monday, May 14, 2007

A Day for a Ma Ape


So to get out of the doghouse my sissy and I knew we'd better do something GOOD for ma ape day. I woke her up at 6 a.m. to give her my green wiener but she was not so impressed. So we each made a list of presents to get for her. I think mine was better.

Wally's list:

1) Raw! Meaty! Bones! (This is totally selfless. I know how much she loves it when we're happy.)
2) Puppy (slightly lower than me on the cuteness scale. It might cure her Puppy Fever she caught from Nanook's site).
3) Sunshine! (She likes that)
4) Vegetables (she likes that and she'll share with me and not with picky sissy.)
5) Lifesize portrait of Wally.

Ethel's List:
1) Deer
2) Deer
3) Deer
4) Deer
5) Tennis Balls
6) Deer

We did not actually get her any of these things but it is the thought that counts (don't be greedy, ma ape!) This is what she got: A GARDEN! She had to plant it herself but we supervised. And we made a solemn vow not to TRAMPLE the okras or the tomatoes or the peppers. Or eat the tomatoes. (I LOVE TOMATOES.) I watched carefully and then helped by watering the little wire fence she put around it (I guess she didn't so much trust our trampling promise). I can't wait for the vegetables!

We also got my granny ape a plane ticket to visit us! We will have to show her the garden and tell her not to trample it, either.

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Katherine and Pippa said...

That is a cool list pal. I might steal some of those ideas myself.

Sissy is beautiful and I love her to bits but perhaps she lacks imagination. Although tennis balls may be welcome - I don't dislike them myself but I haven't seen mistress chewing a lot.

And don't forget to make sure ma ape puts strawberries in your garden too. Mmmmmm

Pippa

1:10 PM  
Blogger Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Of course it's the thought that counts Wally. I hope yourmum had a lovely Mother's Day.

Licks
Oscar x

1:21 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Of course it is the thought that counts Wally!!!! I took my Mom to the park and she loved it because than I was a sleepy girl all afternoon!

Glad you are out of the doggiehouse!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

PS - I LOVE tomatos too...the little ones are my favorite.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Ferndoggle said...

We think every Mom should have a life size picture of Wally! Our Mom put her garden on the other side of the fence so we can't eat any of the tomatoes or peppers...or chase the rabbits that will try & eat the lettuce.

Sherman, Penny & Lola

P.S. We do not eat an all raw diet, but Ma gives us RMBs a couple times a week to keep our teeth sparkling white.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Tadpole said...

She didn't want your green weiner?!?!

Oh Wally, a life-size portrait is not big enough!!! She needs a wall mural!

2:02 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

I dont know who would NOT love a life size portrait of you!!!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi Wally.
What a list friend! The picture is the best on it.
I hope you had a happy mother's day!
Besos
Lorenza

3:46 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

It's good you were so unselfish in your list of presents for your mom.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Boomer and his mom Carol said...

You are such a good guy Wally. We have tomatoes growing in our, or should I say, mom's garden. Annie and I like to eat them right off the vine. yummy!!!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

My ma ape is totally envious of your ma ape. first, she gets you! But that garden is really killing her. She;s counting the days until we move to the country so that I can run through the woods after deer and she can plant flowers everywhere (she's not so good with growing the veggies)l.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Liberty Doo Dah said...

That sounds so nice Wally!
I bet your ma ape appreciated everything - even Ethel's list! I mean, sharing a deer! Whoa! THAT'S selfless!
AireHUGS!
Liberty

8:31 PM  
Blogger Kerrio said...

Wally,
can you say "give her my green wiener " in public???? ROFL.

Maybe it's an "other-side-of-the-puddle" thing.

Kerrio & co

1:59 AM  
Blogger Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

You forgot chocolate.

Bussie Kissies
Buster

1:17 PM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

well just reading your list made me drooooool, apart from the tomato episode, no, cannot stomach those things!

love and many licks Marvin xxxxx

2:52 PM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

That green toy looks scary and it's given you devil eyes! Hope you mum had a lovely Mother's Day. J x

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home