Wednesday, March 14, 2007

longer days and longer naps

I was a little unsure about this springing forward crap since it would mean a.m. walks in the dark and potentially cutting short my sleep time. This is a problem for me because I get up EARLY so that I can get my first nap in before 6 a.m. But I have found an added advantage--park time after work! (The apes' work, not mine. I'm retired).


My sister, of course, uses her time to chase balls. Always with the tennis balls, that one.


The creepy buzzards like to watch us play.


Even I get into the fetching game! I even played one of my favorite games with my sister--tail pulling! She tries to chase the ball and I try to stop her by pulling her tail and chasing her. Good times had by all. Or at least me.

Aaaand, a little cooling off in the melted snow.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Finnegan said...

Hooray for melting snow! Boohoo for snow coming back. :( I had fun last night get attention from the neighbor and then leaning on him. I think my mummy and daddy should get me a doggy friend. Hint hint.

Woofs,
Finny

8:32 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Hey Wally! I chase the huge crows which bother me on my walkies sometimes. They swoop right over me and sort of dive bomb me, which make me really angry and I chase them, but they always fly away! That is the trouble with birds, wings!!

love and licks, Marv xxxxx

9:08 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

I've been getting more outside time after dinner also. No melting snow here though. I am putting up picture later.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

Wally: Muzzer said thank you very much for explaining why Teka gets up so early. Having heard your explanation about needing to be up to get your first nap in by 6:00 am, she now understands why Teka wants to be walking by 5:15 or 5:30! You have helped us take a step toward family harmony. (I hope)

10:10 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

that buzzard looks scary. mom told me a story about a cocker spaniel around here that got picked up by a HAWK! good thing that guy was too heavy. I will be looking up from now on when I am in the yard!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Charlie Kelley-Church said...

It's when the buzzards come in really low that you need to worry Wally. If they jump on you then you are truly in trouble. Glad it is warming there. It was almost hot today at 74F. Mom said she knows spring is here cause she smelled skunk on her way to work.

C-K-C

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home