Saturday, October 28, 2006

ways to waste time on the internets

you can check out this site to find out how popular your name has been historically. it gives you a graph of the number of babies given your name in any given year. apparently there are no babies named "studley dudley" you are one of a kind, studley.

wally was most popular in the 1940s (i'm a new deal dog!) and is very unpopular after 1970. probably because no wally could possibly live up to me.

my sister ethel's name peaked in the 1890s! she's an old fashioned kind of girl.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, my mom's name was in the top five back in the 50's. Now it's almost 600.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Sid the Dog said...

Well, Sid was never in the top five. In fact, it was more along the lines of in the thousands back in the late 1800's. If you try Sidney, which is my official name, things are looking slightly more modern. I suppose I may owe something to Jennifer Garner and "Alias."

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buster - came to a dramatic peak in about 1899 and then dropped off the face of the earth by the 1950s. I AM HERE how come I don't see it peaking again?

Bussie Kissies
Buster

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home