Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Year of the (Old) Dog!


I wanted to thanks all of my friends and assorted admirers who were kind enough to vote for me over at Mangominster where I won the people's choice in the herding group. And I do believe one Miss Sophie La Brador promised me smooches in the comments. (Don't worry Joe, I know who her ultimate fan favorite is!)

And I think that my win was probably predicted by the winner of Westminster, Stumpy, who like me is diminutive in stature but advanced in age, er, maturity.

The Corgi Girls said that I am a SILVER FOX. Old is the new young, dudes!

Here's a little smoochasmoocha face for all my buds! (Especially Mango and his mom who are really doing a great job with Mangominster which has been a hoot!)

And ordinarily I would be rubbing it in with my baby brudder and sissy that they are LOOOOOOOOSERS in the contest but I'm in too good of a mood. And also I'm too old to remember why I don't like them in the first place.


Link

Labels: , , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Moose said...

Congrats Wally! Stumpy is cute and all but he's got nothin on you! I would like to think that your lab half played a part in your win but think in reality that you won IN SPITE of being part lab!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

Congrats WALLY! I am so stoked to be old now that all this cool stuff is happening to older dudes. We rule.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Moose said...

Moose agrees with the old dudes comment! Say Wally, you have been featured in Moose's post for today. I hope you don't mind the extra acclaim you will garner (over and above your Mangominster win).

8:57 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

There is something to be said for us older pups. Congrats on being the Pupples Choice.

11:24 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Wally Boy!

Congratulatory smooches are heading your way, man. I KNEW you'd be the fan fave. Always the trendsetter, YOU!

Goober love & smooches,
Stanley

1:41 AM  
Blogger Gus said...

Wally...we are glad you won the reader's choice award, and I pawsonally am glad to see old dogs getting some respect. I'm gettin up in years too, ya know.

gussie

8:37 AM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

Congrats on the reader's choice award!
Old Dogs RULE!!!!

wags from the six senior whippets and the two young 'uns

11:15 AM  
Blogger Allison Walton said...

Congrats, Wally!! You isn't goin' out of style anytime soon!

Wuv,
Gus and Waldo

1:01 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Oh Wally, I am sending you insanely giant smoochies. I was hoping that between your win and Stump's win, mom would open her heart to some short-legged beastie, but oh no. She's been making inquiries and filling out applications about these two doodles who were rescued from a puppy mill. I mean really! A doodle?! I'm very concerned about my stuffys's futures. I think they may be murdered.

xo
SB

2:26 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

I am all over that Roscoe idea, but mom says no no no no no no no. She is so uptight. I don't know why she wants one of these non-shedders. She's been going on and on about allergies and asthma and stuff. Ha! If her allergies and asthma and stuff were really that bad, would she let me sleep on the bed?

xo
SB

7:26 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Woah! Stevil Harper is bring Obama a doodle? He's such a twit he'll probably present him with a piece of paper full of scribbles. Or maybe he's going to put a curly wig on his head and try to pass himself off as a doodle. Beware if he goes to the US. He'll try to privatize your health care immediately. Oh, wait. Um, okay, he'll just be an asshole to everyone.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

sorry for the language. I only type pissed off when I've got Harper on the brain.

xoxo
SB

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home