Sunday, June 22, 2008

What a weekend!

When we adopted Oscar they said he was 11 months and it is now almost a month later so we arbitrarily decided that this is Oscar's Burpday Weekend! It just happened to coincide with the big sale at the local pet store. And my burpday is the 22nd (of February) so it's easy to remember.

Here's the burpday boy!

We got this started with BANG on our Saturday morning walk when we were walking by a house with an 8 foot wooden fence and suddenly--a pit bull came over the fence! Yowza! We SHOUTED AT HIM and he was completely nonplussed and just stared at us so Ethel decided to try to pin him! And still he didn't care! And my ma ape realized that collectively we weigh more than her so pulling us away was hard but she did and just when we got across the street someone pulled out of his collar and jumped on the pit's back---ME! Yeah, I'm tuff. And a little dumb. But no one got hurt. Except my ma ape's ticker. We didn't get any pictures of the event but here's what my ma ape looked like:



Also my ma ape decided to start the O-Man on a raw diet. Do you think he likes it?

He needs to learn to eat with dignity:

He and sissy stopped rasslin' for at least 5 seconds. (This is totally gross but they SMOOCH all the time! Like Frenching. Totes gross! And wait until I tell you about the humping).



And we got to go to the field to play!

And the O-Man did a little relaxin'.

But no one knows the art of the Sunday morning R&R like Wally:


And then it was time for ICE CREAM. This is doggie ice cream. Because my ma ape is a sucker for marketing (she says in the future she will stick to considerably cheaper homemade frosty paws):


The O-Man got some Paw-nut Crunch:

Ethel got an ice cream headache from the PawNut Swirl:


While I had a bite of the ole Snickerpoodle:

And we've heard the Cuz hype but no one in the house was mad about rubber toys but the O-Man got a DEVIL CUZ and he loves it:

And look at this drawer! That'll keep us in snacks for at least a week!


And here's a shot to finish the weekend:

Happy Burpday OSCAR!

Labels: , , , , , ,

20 Comments:

Blogger The Brat Pack said...

Happy Barkday Oscar!!! It looks great, that drawer of treats rocks.

Tucker

PS Sam said to tell you that last shot is HOT.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Wally!
Happy Birthday to Oscar!
Glad you all had a great weekend celebrating him!
Yummy frosties, yummy treats, yummy food! You all are very lucky!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

8:58 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

Happy happy burpday Oscar...you are so lucky to have a new family and a big birthday party and ice cream....I am very happy you didnt get hurt on your walk either....have a notgher great millions of years....and that last shot of wally is priceless...

9:42 PM  
Blogger Poppy said...

Wow, that looks like a great birthday bash. I know what you mean about the cuz. I have a little orange devil cuz, but I'm not wild about it. I prefer stuffies!!!

Poppy

10:11 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Oscar, Happy Barkday to you dude! I bet that raw meat tasted sooo good.

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

3:21 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Happy birthday, Oscar! What a pawty you had! The thought of that ice cream is making us drool!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

4:29 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

Wow - all we did was sleep this weekend!

Look at that treat drawer - have you learned how to open it yourself?

I know Oscar had a great birthday and the best present he could ever have gotten was his wonderful new home!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Randi said...

HAPPY BURPDAY LITTLE OSCAR DUDE!

Gee Wally - you sure know how to give the O-MAN a great BDAY! & that pic of Ethel w/her ice cream headache is WAY FUNNY!

My fave pic though, is of you eating very gentlemanly like at the end...but my ma thought maybe you were upchucking...

LOVE & LICKS,
Randi

9:12 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Happy Burpday Oscar Boy!!!

You SCORED BIGTIME when you landed at Casa de Corgador! As much as it's been a party for you up til now, you have NO IDEA in how many ways you have hit the jackpot, man!

Wally, I expected nothing less of you than a FIERCE response to the pitbull high jumping into your walk. WHOA. I'll think twice before I ever mess with you again.

And Ethel, you look fetching with or without an ice cream headache, but I LOVE your googly icecream headache eyes.

Back to you, Walls, I think the juiciness and the stickiness of that last photo of you is sublime.

Goober love & smooches,
Stanley

10:12 AM  
Blogger Princess Patches said...

Happy, happy barkday, Oscar! It's amazing how much he and Ethel look almost alike. Great job, Wally, on tackling that pit bull! We're glad nodog got hurt!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

10:26 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

Are you barfing on Oscars birthday? That is quite the drawer of treats. Ma Ape went Apesh-t at the pet store sale.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

Happy Birthday OSCAR!!! It sure looks like he is fitting in very well over there. I loved the thought of old pus butt smooching with oscar, what a visual.

I wish I had a treat drawer like that :(

2:56 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

my mom says she would have had a heart attack.
Happy Burpday to Oscar.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Princess, Tank and Isaac: The Newfs of Hazard said...

Happy Birthday, Big O! You sure are lucky to be in your new family!

3:24 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Great suds Wally dude!

4:33 AM  
Blogger Pippa said...

Mistress can't even hold onto me, never mind three dogs. We can't see the pic of Ma Ape though as we are forbidden access to the server. :(

Lots of good wishes and congrats to Oscar. Although it would be good if he could leave Ethel alone for five minutes and she could remember she does have other boyfriends.

Pippa

7:39 AM  
Blogger Wuffstuff said...

One is a great age to be. I can't remember mine but I you don't forget yours.
Hi from www.wuffstuff.com, the social network for dog owners and dog lovers.

We're looking for members with quality dogs and 'tails' to tell to add stuff to our dog lovers site.



Hope you have time to have a look at us.


Cheers
Steve
www.wuffstuff.com

8:31 AM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Happy birthday Oscar! You look like you had an awesome weekend!
Ike

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooooooooooooooh I have so missed your pictures.......

and I have missed your sister Ethel's mad face too.

I have been totally enjoying my blog break, well for one thing my J, is more focused on me and lots of walkies.

But yesterday she came across a comment you made so eloquently when she took a "hissy fit" a while back about blogging, she had printed it out and put it on our notice board in the kitchen.

She said the words were kind and moving. You probably don't remember barking such stuff Wally, but the words brought a tear to her eye today.

Thank you for being a friend, and having such wild eyed rellies!

Your pal, Marvin from Across The Ocean xxxxxxxx

oh and Happy Birthday Oscar!

6:04 PM  
Blogger WinstonBerry said...

HAPPY BURPDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BURPDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BURPDAY DEAR OSCAR!
HAPPY BURPDAY TO YOU!

HAPPY BURPDAY OSCAR! I'm glad you had such a wonderful day!!! That drawer of treats looks super amazing!!!!

Smooches,
Winnie :)

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home