Friday, September 17, 2010

About EDGRRRRRRRR

It is about time those olds let me blog! I have a lot to say ALL OF THE TIME. Here is a good picture of me. It is good because I am one little busy bee and I like to stay in motion. Buzz buzz. Let me buzz about my name.

Now you may be curious about the name Edgrr, especially as it was not on your menu of options. It was suggested by Ms. Sophie Brador who thinks knows I am cute as a button. LOOK! I am intense! (And slightly wonky eyed)

OK, GraNE suggested the name Owen Meany from this book because Owen was a sassy little dude AND his character was a reference to another literary little dude.

This one! The little boy from The Tim Drum with the voice that could shatter glass. And do you know what his name is?

OSSSSSSSSSSSSCAR!

So Owen Meany was perfect! But O-wen sounded a little bit too much O-tis. So when the ape said Oooooooo-wen!

Otis came running and I didn't! (The latter part is more about my inherent naughtiness and less to do with the name). So we went back to the drawing board and....

I'm kind of a talkative fellow.

So bossy I can command TWO sheppys at once!

And when I play and I'm happy I make a constant RRRR RRRR RRRR noise! And thus was ED GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR born! All around tuffy.


Occasional vampire (non-sparkly).


And all the time Otis admirer!

And now balance has been restored to the force! There are two EEEEEs and two OOOOOs.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Sophie Brador said...

EDGRRRRRRRRRRRRR. You are awesome. Not as awesome as OtP of course.

xo
SB

8:49 PM  
Blogger Moose said...

I love the name Owen but can imagine the confusion. Plus Sophie definitely chose an even better one! Next time I foster a boy who needs a name I will use Owen so it does not go to waste! In the mean time Edgrrrr... so glad you have restored balance to the pack! And glad Otis is no longer confused! Although... Moose comes running when I call any other dog name (even ones who are not in the house any more) so you did not say if Otis still comes running to your new name...

9:39 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I bet woo will have even The Mango on guard fur your toughness!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I like the name EDGRRRRRRR! It's just pawfect! When my mom and dad were trying to think up names for me, they really liked the name "Saylor." But then they thought it was too much like "Ranger" and we would get confused. So we understand where you're coming from.

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

9:06 AM  
Blogger Kari in Alaska said...

great name story :) Otis is still our fav though ;)


Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

12:55 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

I think the name will be fun for your ma ape to hiss out from between clenched teeth. Hehehe.

Slobbers,
mango

6:27 AM  
Blogger tula monstah said...

Hey Edgrrrrrrr! nice name -- goes with the teefers!:) now my mom wants to change my name to somethang ending in grrr. yikeegrrr..

tula

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home