Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Update on the Little Guy

So, you are probably wondering what came of the (in Mango's words) little rat named Waylon Pit Boo that wandered into my house. Well, we took a vote and it came out as follows:

In favor of keeping Waylon Rat Boy: 2 Naked Apes, Ethel, Oscar, Waylon
Against: Wally

I won.

He brought out Oscar's playful side and Ethel's mothering side and in spite of the fact that he woke her up every hour at night and kept her occupied most hours of the day, the Ma Ape was in love: (Note--below picture is Ethel, not the Ma Ape who has short legs and looks much more like me than my leggy sibs):

He did NOT bring out the best in me:

The little guy bothered me. I wasn't aggressive I was just...aggressively sad. My ma ape could tell that I was very, very upset and it was taking a toll on my ticker. I hid from him, I pinned my ears back, I wouldn't play and worst of all I had an elevated heart rate and I didn't want to be anywhere around Waylon. So Waylon is finding a new home so that I can retire in peace. As a concession I have promised to let Waylon do one blog post to tell you about his Big Adventure at our house. So more on him later when my ma ape gets less leaky about the whole situation (though she would like to send thanks to the consulting firm she hired to discuss the matter--Mango Momma's Sage Words. We knew she had great judgment (in spite of the whole Labradude situation) because she picked out Mango). It was the right thing to do. Today I was happy to get back to my regular routine of napping, eating, monkey sticking, and humping my Oscar Brudder. Waylon will make someone else very, very happy.

In other important matters I AM HAVING VISITORS! Stan and Sophie coming to Delaware! I'm so nervous I've been trying to pick out outfits. Since they are important guests I think I should wear a suit.

Link
I'm thinking my birthday suit. Any other suggestions?

Labels: , , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Gus said...

Oh pooo. But we can live with it if it is best for Wally Tamale


gussie d

3:09 PM  
Blogger Jake of Florida said...

Sounds like a tough decision had to be made. But dogs don't lie -- and you were telling it like it is!!!

Tons of wirey love, pal (if you are so inclined, share some with the Goob and the Diva!!!)

Jake and Just Harry

3:13 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Wally you deserve all the happiness and peace that affords someone of your seniority. Waylon will get a wonderful furever home!!! I can feel it!

I sure hope your Ma Ape takes lots of pictures of the royal visit!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

3:40 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Ahhhhhh -

Sorry woo didn't like him enough to be khomfy with him around -

Maybe Sophie will like him and woo khan make him her pressie!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

4:49 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Oh Wally, I bet your ma-ape is feeling sad right now so give her extra big smoochies. Don't worry, a handsome little chap like him will find a good family.

Rest up for the big visit.

Slobbers,
Mango

7:16 PM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

wow wally you are a man with a vote...holy cow ...4 to 1 and you still won...i still think it was a little cement doggy anyhow...me and mom never saw a doggy that colour before...i hope your mommy is happy soon...meantime ou enjoy your peace and quiet and please keep wandering around in your birthday suit...a girl could get used to that....

9:07 PM  
Blogger Randi said...

Dear Wally Tamale - even though you won, you need to give your ma-ape extra special kisses & hugs & slobbers..cuz even even though the little Waylon made YOU SAD when he was at your doghouse, now that he has to leave your doghouse, your MAAPE will be extra sad...please be gentle with her...she deserves some extra TLC from her Wally.

That happened with my big bro Dublin..6 months before I came into my current (awesome) situation, my peoples adopterated (love that word) a chowchow/german shepard mix & named him Liam the Lion...he was adorable, or so my mom/secretary says...he looked like a little lion cub...but my brother Dublin did not like him & had to return little Liam to the lion den, I mean, shelter...then wa-la...6 months later my big bro Dublin LOVED me & thats the end of that..but my peoples were very sad but knew that Dublin was the firstborn & needed to abide by his decision..

Maybe I'll blog about little Liam...

Love & Licks,
Randi

ps...seems like your little brudder thinks he LOST Waylon...could be funny if you don't tell him the truth!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

We know how terrible stuff like that can be at THIS house from the puppy visitor we had. I was MISERABLE. Well, more miserable than usual. We totally understand buddy.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Moose said...

Sad to hear he can't stay but glad you will be happy again. We had trouble letting our Foster Teddy go too. It was a real bummer but I am sure Waylon will find the right spot for him!

3:24 AM  
Blogger Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

So sorry it didnt work out - i know how difficult a new addition can be - we have a little guy here too mommy seperates us when he is making me crazy but otherwise we are doing good.

hope he finds a good home very soon

woodrow

8:01 AM  
Blogger The Brat Pack said...

Dear Wally,

I know how you feel exactly...at least your vote counted more than mine to get rid of our pit boo. Your health is most important and being a wee runt Waylon will find a home in a hurry.

Give your ma ape kisses for us, if she's anything like ours she'll be useless for days.

Love you,
Samantha

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home