Sunday, October 28, 2007

Some Dogs Have their Day



My granny sent me this wonderful story about The Fidos, the Oscars for DOGS. And the big winners this year? The CORGIS from The Queen. They were awesome and peed on the hedges in the last scene. Awesome! And, finally, Helen Mirren acknowledge that the Oscar really should have gone to the corgis:

At the world's first international awards for canine film stars, given out at a ceremony at the London Film Festival on Sunday, the four corgis were named as the Best Historical Hounds as well as picking up a Best in the World prize.

"I know one should avoid acting with animals and children, but these little chaps were a pleasure to work with and deserve all the plaudits for their fine performances," Mirren, who is currently filming in the United States, said in a statement.

4 Comments:

Blogger Joe Stains said...

I always thought that Helen Mirren lady was kind of old and creepy, but she must be ok.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oh my Jeannie and my Pa, they loved that Queen film and the Corgis were just the best.

Thank you Wally, for highlighting the Fidos! We just been watching it on our BBC TV news!

Yay!

love and licks, Marv xxxxx
ps I have put a photo of me on my blog which kinda represents your Sissy Ethel in her "crazy" vibe.........!

love and loyal licks, Marvin in Scotland xxxxx

2:31 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Wally
Sure those corgis deserved the award!
Lorenza

5:23 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Woober Boy!

Obviously, Corgis are endowed with the HAM gene. Congrats to the little guys. Are they any relation of yours?

Goober love,
Stanley

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home