Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Smarter than your average ape

Primatologists meeting at the Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago are discussing chimp intelligence. The title of the New York Times article about it is Chimpazees: Almost Human, and Sometimes Smarter. Well, duh. All of us in the animal kingdom have known about the intellectual deficiencies of the naked ape for quite some time now. In particular, I was worried that the naked apes studying their hairy relatives might suspect my plan for world domination that involves working with our chimpy friends to displace the naked apes and begin a reign of peace, bananas, and picking nits off of one another. Doesn't look like they're on to us. Read the article, though. Chimps have great memory. Better than the naked apes! They will surely make great partners in our quest for global domination.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Peanut said...

Oh yes that was very eye opening for me. I say we need to get those apes on our side.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

I'm off to find me a chimp!

Licks
Oscar x

8:27 AM  
Blogger Tadpole said...

They look kinda scary in that picture - like they would just make fun of me all day long.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Sophie is totally in on that whole world domination thing, and should you need a doggie sacrifice of some sort, she has just the house guest to throw in the volcano.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Chimps are the best! I want one! J x

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home