Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sacre Bleu!

What is THIS? To the untrained eye it looks unremarkable, a dog in a crate. A slightly too large crate but still, dog in crate. No big deal, right?

Wrong! This is WALLY in a crate and it is, indeed, a big deal. I hate the crate, I always have. I've avoided and abhorred crating. When I had separation anxiety my ma ape thought maybe I'd enjoy the comfort of the crate filled with PB kongs and toys and snacks. And also she thought maybe it would prevent me from escaping the house to find her. WRONG. I just broke the crate.



So this is my sissy's crate. She loves it and spends a lot of time in there. I like to call it Abu Ghraib. That's how strongly I felt about it. But Friday? I crawled in of my own volition. My ma ape thought maybe I was just trying to get away from her because she kept futzing with my face--yanking on the bloodsucker and then cleaning the area.

But then that night, when no one was futzing with my face--I went BACK in and promptly fell asleep and started snoring.


I do this kinda stuff a lot, I pick up new behaviors, drop old ones. Like the stuffy killing. I didn't disembowel a stuffy (deliberately, some games of tug have gotten out of hand) until about a year ago. Now it is business as usual. I never used to be afraid of thunder but then after my sis Morgan (who WAS afraid) died, thunderstorms terrify me. Anyone else funny this way?

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Peanut said...

Hey Flash doesn't like thunderstorms either. I have a crate. I like mine a lot. We haven't changed any behavoris yet though but we are not as old and wise as you are wally so it may happen.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Boo Casanova said...

wally, is that mean u like your crate now? i had a crate, and it is too small for me now. i only stay in my crate one night (my first nite at my home) and that's it.

u know, some thinks crate is actually pretty comfy.

wet wet licks

Boo

9:44 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

I love my crate. Mom took the door off but I still go in lots of times! And I hate thunder and fireworks and most probably always will!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

11:21 AM  
Blogger Lizz said...

From Honey:
Hey I hate crates too. Especially when there are cats on the outside when I"m stuck inside. This makes me go crazy. I once destroyed a crate from the inside, just to scare off that cat who was antagonizing me!
I refused to go outside today in the cold, stormy Nor'easter, but thunderstorms aren't a big deal to me.
It is true, that as I get older, I take on new habits. I bury every single bone in blankets now. Everyone laughs at me, but where else can I bury a bone in the house?!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Hey Wally, Sophie just swings back and forth between who she wants to kills. It used to be Bouviers and Standard Poodles, but now it's little grey schnauzers. I can't figure it out. WE're moving in next door to a Bouvier and a Poodle in a couple of weeks so it's a good thing she got over that one.

We think maybe the crate thing is you in training to come visit Sophie. Apparently, they make beasties ride in those things on the aeroplanes.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

crates are the worst so my mom started gating me in the kitchen which I broke out of because I am Houdini dog.
Ike

7:42 PM  
Blogger The Brat Pack said...

I'm not a crate fan, but that's looking pretty comfy in there. Maybe I should try out Bear's and see how it is.

Samantha from The Brat Pack :)

9:37 PM  
Blogger Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

I loved my crate, but now I'm nearly a 1 year old, I don't use it any more.

My cat sister changes her fave sleeping place regularly. She'll sleep in one place for weeks, then find a new place.

Licks
Oscar x

4:33 AM  
Blogger Tin Tin Blogdog said...

Hey Wally,

sorry I haven't been by in a while.

And yeah, I change my mind on loads of things quite regularly.

"Can't teach an old dog new tricks?"

What a load of codswallop. A myth spread by humans to make themselves feel better about not having our capabilities.

They haven't met you or me!

Chow for now,

Tin Tin xo

6:36 AM  
Blogger Tadpole said...

Oh Wally, crates are EVIL! They are to be avoided and barked at CONSTANTLY! They may look nice and friendly, but that door can shut pretty quickly and TRAP you in there!!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Dakota finds a new fear every day!

12:12 AM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

I just started to be afraid of storms in the last few years. BUT you will never catch me in Tanner's "little house"

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home