Monday, April 09, 2007

Rescue Me


The NYT Magazine has an article this week called "New Tricks" about how with an increasing demand for dogs (yay!), more are winding up in shelters (boo!). And often their ill-prepared former owners never trained them so the dogs are a bundle of behavioral problems. So they talk about how shelters are finding new ways to market to, attract, and match up new owners with potential adoptees. It's a shame we can't do behavioral testing on the naked apes and, more importantly, put them to work in ape obedience classes. "Sit! Stay! Make dinner! Stop surging!"

I found my mawma via Petfinder. My picture was awful and did not capture my photogenic nature. I refused to sit up for the camera and kept rolling over when they approached me with the camera. And yet that picture was PERFECT for my ma ape. And so, I rescued her. She's darn lucky, too. I don't know what she did with herself before me.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger The Brat Pack said...

Thanks for posting that Wally. I feel so bad for dogs that humans don't take care of. I was one of those too once.

I think a picture of your paw only could be on Petfinder and you'd be totally irrestistable. Your ma ape is soooooo lucky to have you.

Samantha

7:57 PM  
Blogger Liza said...

Hey Wally -

I heard the interview with the author of the NYT piece on NPR Firday night. Okay, my human and I have no life - anyhow thanks for mentioning it. My human spends alot of time volunteering for the rescue group I came from. (She also says if she had seen you she would have adopted you too - she apparently has a crush).

Have a great week!

Dory

12:58 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Wally
Flash here. I found my mom on petfinder to. It's a great place. I'm lucky to have found her. I wish every dog could find someone like my mom or yours.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home