Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Happy Burpday Marvin!

Drinks on me!

I'd like to give a bark-out to my pal Marvin (one of my oldest dogbloggin' pals!) who is having a burpday today (almost yesterday where he is!). Marvin is the world's finest Scotsman poet and is also a darn fine guy with a nice, sophisticated greying muzzle (like me!). Marvin, I hope you relaxed and wrote some fine lyrical poetry whilst getting your belly rubbed and being hand fed the finest in Scottish meats and cheeses.

As per Marvin's request, instead of sending him presents, I instead gave a donation to a local shelter. The dogs will be dining on Marvin tonight (courtesy of him, that is). That is one selfless and awesome guy, eh?

In his honor, here is a limerick:

There once was a dog named Marvin
Who fed homeless dogs who were starvin'
That selfless Scot
Gave as good as he got
A great burpday I hope he is havin'

Ok, it doesn't rhyme so well but "Marvin" isn't as easy to rhyme with as "Nantucket."

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Good job Wally!!!!
Seeeeeeee you're a poet and don't know it! hehehehehe

Love ya lots,
Maggie

5:02 PM  
Blogger Boomer and his mom Carol said...

Hi Wally,

That was a great "bark-out" to Marvin about his birthday. He is a fine Scotsman indeed. My mom thinks that you would look good in a kilt yourself.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

good job on the limerick and the donation! you are tough, yet sensitive.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Fu Fu said...

Hey Wally, that's a pretty good job you did there. And it rythmes. :)

~ fufu

2:14 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Wally you are such a Blogging Gent!

In fact your poetry is just heaven sent.

The kindness of your generous gift to those poor rescue dogs

Quite brought tears to me and Jeannie and made dampness on my blogs!

Wally you are a wonder guy beneath your tough facade

And to really love you just isn't very hard.

Thank you dearly for the bark out and you can rest assured

I had a lovely barkday and will soon be back for more!

ps I loved the way you rhymed Marvin,

the only other word I've found is starving'......(!)

love and blushing Scotsman Licks,

Marvin xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Braveheart Hound and Poet...by the way you rhyme really well Wally!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oooops! got carried away there Wally! it should have read

"the only other word I have found, too, is starving" didn't make sense otherwise! Darn keyboard too small for my big paws!

love and kind licks Marv xxxx

10:03 AM  
Blogger Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Way to go Wally, that's a great limerick!

Licks
Oscar x

10:58 AM  
Blogger Peanut said...

How nice of you. Your limerick was very good.

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home