Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Gettin' Tail



The most e-mailed story in the Grey Lady is about DOGS! It's about how scientists have begun decoding our feelings via our tails. According to their study you can tell a lot about a doggy mood by the angle of our tail in addition to things like whether it's wagging, how vigorously, etc. They say--wag to the right is happy and wag to the left is anxious.

My ma ape is intrigued. I have a very expressive tail that sometimes curls over my back, sometimes trails behind me, and usually hovers somewhere in between. I'm ADORABLE when my tail is down but that often means I'm nervous. Tail up means excitement. We may have to document this photographically which is a wonderful opportunity to post more pictures of my bum, eh?

My sissy's tail is not quite as exciting or versatile as mine but we'll have to keep an eye on her. She is a very anxious girl so she should be a left-sided wagger, eh? Interestingly, my ma ape's FIRST dog had NO TAIL. He was a Pembroke corgi and my ma ape said he would wag his BUTT (which was fluffy like mine, no word on the pertness).

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Wally, I don't really have a tail. Just a little stub...but I do wiggle it a lot when I see my Mom or my doggie pals. It's wagging now at the thought of talking to you!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

12:57 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

I have a nubbie but Flash has a tail. I will watch his some and report to you.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Something tells me mum's gonna be staring at my butt now!

Licks
Oscar x

2:47 PM  
Blogger Sparky said...

What about curly tails?! Mine doesn't wag like a normal dog...cuz it's all scrunched up.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Tadpole said...

Oooh, my tail's very expressive too.... My girl's gonna be staring at it now!

My sister doesn't have a tail and she doesn't even wag her bum. But that's because she has no emotion except grumpy-ness.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

My Mom could write a book on my tail.....

Bussie Kissies
Buster

9:02 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Is that my left or yours?

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home