Monday, March 19, 2007

Spring Forward Already!

It has been so cold that my sister and I have had to huddle together for warmth. As you can see in the background we have also had to root through our toybox to get out ALL the SQUEAKIES. I've been trying to convince the ma ape that it was out of necessity that we got them ALL out and spread them AROUND the newly Dysoned house but she's not convinced. She wouldn't survive a day on her own.


But the sun is out, the snow is melting and things are looking up!

All this warmth has made me think of my friend up north, Sophie, who is saddened because I don't serenade her. So I've written more verses of Dirty Old Dog just for her:


My gal Sophie's from Montreal
A yellow lab with a big square head
I'll chase her tail if she'll chase a ball
Dirty old doooooooooooog, dirty old dog

Why do all my loves come from Canada?
Is it that my heart's a maple leaf?
But all I want is to lick her paw.
Dirty old doooooooooooooog, dirty old dog.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Suki & Joey said...

Hey Wally, good song! You, Marvin and Nanook are all such talented lyricists - did I spell that right? You know what I mean!

Where do you live, Wally? We're in Fl. so we don't have to deal with all the snow nonsense. I think this is the only good time of year to live down here!

Puggy kisses
Suki

6:09 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Oh Wally, We're going to be listening to Pogues for a week straight after this one.

I sang Sophie your new version and she is positively swooning. She's always had a thing for shorter men, expecially those creative types

.... Okay, now she's gone and cracked another beer and is looking around for cigarettes. I keep telling her she doesn't smoke, but she says if she's listening to the Shane McGowan of dogs, she has to have a smoke. I think you've unleashed a beast!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Tin Tin Blogdog said...

Nice Spring cleaning, doooogs!

And as for your lyrics, Wally, I'd doff my hat to you if I ummmm, could find a hat. No wait, if I could find a hat I'd chew it.

Whatever.

You know what I mean.

You're my herodog anyway.

Chow for now,

Tin Tin xo

8:17 PM  
Blogger Urban Smoothie Read said...

is spring d most lovely n enjoyable season of all??

9:00 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

those toys didnt want to be in their box! they like to get out and enjoy life!!!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Fu Fu said...

Wally, that's so sweet of you to serenade Sophie. Hee. I love what you did with your toys. :P

~ fufu

10:19 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Suki--I live between Philly and Baltimore. I used to live in Seattle where we rarely had this snow business. I miss it.

Sophie--I like a girl who can hold her drink!

Tin Tin--By all means, eat a hat.

Pacco--I like spring and fall. Not to hot, not too cold.

Joey--That's what I said. The stuffies greeted us as liberators.

Fufu--I'm glad someone appreciates my decorating skills!

Wally.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Wow! You really rock Wally with the poetry, there.

I shall have to really get down to a new poem now, you are taking over in the poetry blogging!!!!!!!!

What girl could resist you and your silky words? love and licks Marv xxxx

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home