Sunday, December 17, 2006

we're number 1!

the hoosker women won the national championship in wallyball last night! woo! and, according to the seattle times, hoosker fans are, of course, the greatest.

"Volleyball is a sport of beauty, grace and power. It's an intoxicating combination," writes Omaha World-Herald sports columnist Tom Shatel. "It is the most appealing of all the women's sports. And the most underrated of all the college sports."

"It's a sport of speed, grace and cunning, played high in the air and low on the floor, with rapid turns of momentum," writes World-Herald metro columnist Michael Kelly. "The players resemble ballet dancers with bazookas — ready, set, kill."

I'm intrigued by wallyball. i think my sister ethel could be a cornhusker. she's all tall and skinny and fast and ferocious. i think she could do it (she just has to stay academically eligible which could be hard.) can you tell which of these is the real wallyball player?







3 Comments:

Blogger Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

We watch wallyball championships on the beach every year. The women wear bikinis tho. I like professional wallyball better than college as the outfits are just better!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

11:55 AM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

I sure can't tell! I bet I can help Ethel study, I am very smart!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Freda said...

WOOOOooooo WOOOooooo, Wally,

Congrats to the Husker Girls! Now the boys have to do their jobs and tame those Tigers.

I think you could play reeeallys well on the wallyball front line.

Wuufs!

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home