Friday, September 22, 2006

a picture is worth a thousand german philosophers



my onkel eric took this picture at a bookstore in chicago where the philosophy section containing authors beginning with "h" were marked off with caution tape. a very helpful warning. i often lose my mawma for hours when she gets hypnotized by big tomes with "hegel" on them. it's dangerous stuff. and the others---habermas, heidegger, husserl. rubbish, all of it. the only "h" you need is a hound. more wisdom is to be found in the experience of rubbing our bellies than in your books. i can find greater meaning in the master (me) - slave (naked ape) relationship than any long-winded german. i need to compile my insights in the phenomenology of pets, a dogology of everyday experience.

and my friend mr. glenn--i believe this is a special warning for your habermas lovin' self. get while the gettin's good.

3 Comments:

Blogger Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Why do they torment themselves by reading? All they need to do is pet me and everything is answered!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

2:13 PM  
Blogger Sid the Dog said...

At times like this, I think it is important to remember the truly monumental contributions of thinkers such as Hegel and Heidegger. I think Monty Python said it best in "Bruces' Philosophers Song."
"...Immanuel Kant was a real pissant
Who was very rarely stable

Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar
Who could think you under the table

David Hume could out-consume
Wilhelm Freidrich Hegel

And Wittgenstein was a beery swine
Who was just as schloshed as Schlegel."

9:03 PM  
Blogger Tin Tin Blogdog said...

Yeah Wally, you've got it right. The only reference h they need is a hound.

And philosophadogs rule, with no need for caution tape.

As I wrote in my Thursday, June 15, 2006 dogpost (with props to Descartes):

I eat, therefore I eat.

Chow for now,

Tin Tin xo

2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home