Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Cat is Back and It's Gonna Be in Trouble



(Photo via.) Remember Gramsci the "intellectual" cat (oxymoron) from a few posts ago? Well, through one of his naked ape emissaries he sent us
this story from the NYT bragging that cats > dogs. What is the article about?

What happens is that the cat darts its tongue, curving the upper side downward so that the tip lightly touches the surface of the water.

The tongue is then pulled upward at high speed, drawing a column of water behind it.

Just at the moment that gravity finally overcomes the rush of the water and starts to pull the column down — snap! The cat’s jaws have closed over the jet of water and swallowed it.

Uh, so, cats drink water. Congratulations. You totally deserve the Nobel Prize in physics or something. We do just fine with our slurpitude.



Oh yes, that's my backsplash on the porch AND the screen. Style points, baby.

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Kari in Alaska said...

Dog rule!

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

2:38 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Crazy.

xo
SB

4:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for getting my computer screen all wet!
Nordude

Ps - isthe article saying cats rule dogs drool?

9:28 PM  
Blogger MSW said...

I'm so handsomable that I command my ape emissary to write this: "I will do what Gramsci The First could not. All will bow before my handsomableness, and I will rule the world. Apes will fall to their knees and rub my belly, and all the world will be mine (to eat). Muah-ha-ha-ha-ha, ha...*cough* *cough* blegh...hairball." --Gramsci

6:32 AM  
Blogger Asta said...

Oh my dog
That cat is missing out on all the fun..the sluwping the splashing the whole sensooal expewience stoopid!
smoochie kisses
ASTA

11:04 PM  
Blogger Jed and Abby in MerryLand said...

Different strokes for different folks. They eat water, we slurp it. Big deal. We both get hydrated and that's what counts.

Jed & Abby

12:42 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Yuh, we heard about cat drinking on NPR. Sounds kind of moronic to me. Why not just put your whole face in the water bowl like a normal critter.

Slobbers,
Mango

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home