Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hope-i-ness!

I haven't been blogging because I blogged like all day on Tuesday on my Pawlitical blog because I was so excited to see my new moms-to-be on the TV.

And to keep up the optimism, here's a great story from the Big Apple, home to ASTA! They're doing amazingly well in making NYC a no-kill city like San Fran!

The euthanasia rate for stray and abandoned cats and dogs that are taken to New York City’s animal shelters has steadily fallen to a projected 38 percent for 2008, down from 74 percent in 2002, giving advocates for animals hope that they will be able to meet an announced goal of bringing the rate to zero by 2015.

Apropos of nothing, here I am eating a bone:

Also my friend Narra sent me this article from Slate about the most disloyal dog breeds. It was measured by attachment to owner and dislike of strangers. Narra and I ROCK on the loyalty scale because we are total snobs and tend to dislike (or in Narra's case ignore with extreme prejudice) strangers or even people that we see all the time who try to bribe us with snacks and we are mama's boys and daddy's girls, respectively.

On the other hand, my ma ape scores VERY low on the loyalty scale not only because she clearly neglects me but also because she obviously has been gettin' around:

I'm afraid my ma ape might be with Neo.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Hey Pal -

Get to York...I'll give woo refuge!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

7:51 PM  
Blogger Moose said...

Hey now... you are part labrador who are apparently considered disloyal! Moose was taken aback at having what could easily be a picture of him in that article saying he is disloyal. But then he quickly forgave the authors and wanted to meet them to do his happy waggle dance for them like he does for absolutely every human he sees... ok... maybe they have a point ;-)

7:56 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Wally...muzzer is very loyal, but she is quite boring. I think you gotta pick.

gussie

8:43 PM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Wally! I thought that was a wild cat attacking your mom. You might need to start accompanying her to the spca to protect her. This might mean that you can't go live at the White House.

xo
SB

p.s. Me and mom are very jealous and Narra and all her brood because they are hanging out in our old home. Well, almost our old home. We miss Banff and the Rocky Mountains! I miss swimming in my mountain river ever day.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Randi said...

Wally Tamale - I think you need to warn your loyal followers that explicit pics of your ma-ape have somehow appeared on your bloggy...

She sure gets around..thats the most DISLOYAL pic of her I've seen!

Geez...that Neo is SURE Liking her!

Love & Licks,
Randi

10:19 PM  
Blogger Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

We read the article and we still aren't sure who is the most loyal. We announce any and every noise to our Mom but you could probably buy us with treats for a minute or two. Mom isn't sure about Sammy though. As much as he likes treats, he hates for anyone to get too close to Mom. Does that make him loyal or neurotic?

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

11:49 PM  
Blogger Princess, Tank and Isaac: The Newfs of Hazard said...

We could put our paws on your ma's shoulders without even stretching. That neo's only a medium pup compared to us!

11:57 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

Dang dude, your Mom, its scandalous! Hasnt she heard that song that if you like it you need to put a ring on it?? apparently not!!

12:57 AM  
Blogger Stanley said...

Wally!

We saw the Blue Hens marching band in the innaugural parade and felt a kinship with them immediately because of you and your ma ape!

Sorry your ma ape is such a slut with other dogs, but it's a sickness really. I'm not sure if there is any help for her.

When you're talking about your mom-to-be, are you referring to Michelle Obama? Or, is Wally getting two mommies? I'm totally confused, man.

Goober love & smooches,
Stanley

1:53 AM  
Blogger Jacks, Narra, Tuchuck, and Rousseau said...

Your ma ape and Leo the Neo, aka Roscoe, look like they're starting a dance train of some sort. Celebrating our new president maybe? Or perhaps they're simply giddy at our loyalty?! :)

Narra

2:34 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

How do we really know that is your Ma Ape? Maybe it is ETHEL in disguise.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

I don't mind .....I just called in for my Wally fix.

And a quick drool over your bone.

have a great weekend, Wally!

lotsaluv, Marvin xxxx

9:21 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

That doggie is huge!!

Simba x

10:59 AM  
Blogger Asta said...

I'm so happy that I can be pwoud of my city again..fow so many weasonds..but this is one of the best!!!
I can't believe youw Ma ape would evew two time you.
I'm suwe that was an Im postew
smoochie kisses
ASTA

1:28 AM  
Blogger Lola Smiles said...

Naughty Mommy!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Sancha said...

Sadly, I think I am responsible for some of that remaining 38%--I made my mom swear on James Herriot's Dog Stories after she adopted me (Manhattan Animal Care and Control) that this would be a ONE-TIME event. And after seeing what happened with Oscar, I made sure she was barred from a 2block vicinity of any local shelters.

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home