Friday, March 11, 2011

Thank you evfurbody!


Well, my burpday extravaganza is over and, I must say it was the best ever!  Granted, it was my first burpday, but still, awesome.


I started things off with a little marrow bone appetizer.  And then I followed it with a second course...(warning: a bit graphic):


7 POUNDS OF BEEF.  In one of the greatest injustices of all time, I had to share it with the other dogs who were not having burpdays.  Fair? No. But I am a benevolent Potus so I will let it slide.  But things only got better from there.  You see, you guys raised enough for me to take ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS to the SPCA for Miss Taboo to get better from her heartworms.  


I love riding in the car, wind in my ears, free as a bird, wild at heart in my microvan.


Here's my STOKED face.  As soon as I got to the SPCA a volunteer asked "Is that dog Capone?" which was my tuff guy name before I became Otis T. Potus. See, she knew me back in the day and insisted on hugging me and smothering me with love.  Hey, lady, save some lovin' for everyone else! And then the staff came and hugged me and admired my incomparable handsomeness.  And then...


Guess who's got that junk in the trunk??


TABOO!  Look!  SHE SWOONED AT THE SIGHT OF ME.  It happens.  Ladies, don't forget your smelling salts when meeting with the Potus.


We're both chill (and she's supposed to be taking it easy with the worms in her hearts) but she still was interested in playing just a bit.


Look, we have the same bent leg pittie walk!


And it might appear that I am leering like a dirty old man.  It's just bad photography.  I swear.


Definitely not a dirty old man.


I did a little Otis snuggle to help heal her heart. Thanks to everyone for giving me the best prezzie EVER. Well, I wish we could bring Taboo home but we don't have room (I suggested booting the noisy little one or maybe the screaming teenager.  Apparently these are not options.) 

THANKS to everyone!  (But especially to Taboo.  Get better, gal!)

Labels: , , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger pam said...

That lookeded like the bestest birpday eber!!!

Bobo and Meja

4:55 PM  
Blogger Kari in Alaska said...

Hooray for helping Taboo!

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/?p=941

5:24 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

A great burpday for a great Potus.

gussie n teka

7:05 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Otis sweet Potus,
That did look like a most wondwous Buwpday! youw meal looked pawsome , but best fo all youw gift to youw bootiful little Fwiend Taboo!
I can see why you find each othew iwwesistabull. such booty, such handsomeness. i know i would need those smelling saltses
I hope all youw many many buwpdays will be as wondewful
smoochie kisses
ASTA

9:14 PM  
Blogger Moose said...

What an awesome birthday and even with a date! Many happy returns of the day Mr Otis T Potus!
p.s. sharing on your burbday sounds bad but then those fur sibs of yours have to share on theirs so I think it pays off in the end!
p.s. that taboo is a beauty! She looked pretty happy to have a handsome visitor too!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

Oh lordy lord! Those meatables look so fresh & delicious!! I bet you enjoyed it very much. What a wonderful 1st Burpday you had!

12:00 AM  
Blogger ForPetsSake said...

Awwww...what a great way to celebrate! My Nyxie is still a huge goofball and just turned 4. I can hardly believe it, though - I call her "the baby".
She does look alot like your 2...apparently we have great taste in dogs! ;)

1:11 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Nothing wrong with spreading the love around. She should consider herself lucky to have met you.

Slobbers,
Mango

7:07 AM  
Blogger Nancy at the Farm said...

BOL! Otis you so rock dude! And we love your girlfriend - whoo hooo! You dirty old dog you!

Love, Dozer and Coop

11:15 AM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I bet she's still seeing woo in her dreams!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Those were some serious green paper$!!!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Jed and Abby in MerryLand said...

Otis, we are so sorry we missed your birthday! Happy Belated! Mama was out of town, and we just get so far behind when she does that. We sure wish Miss Taboo the very best; a complete cure and a forever home.

Jed & Abby

4:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Otis,

That picture of you leering like a dirty old man is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I keep going back to your blog for a much needed laugh.

Keep up the good work!

- a faithful reader

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home