Friday, January 14, 2011

In the Darkroom


OBST here to talk some SRS BSNS. This is about photo-graphy (and our ma ape's deficiencies.) You see, she is not a talented or learn-ed photo-grapher. The Other Ape is learn-ed and learn-ing (and has a fancy camera) and found a review of my FAVORITE KIND OF BOOK, a picture/photobook called In Almost Every Picture #9.
The book is about a family's photographs of their dog who happens to have black fur WHICH IS THE MOST AWESOME KIND OT HAVE but that makes him appear to the camera as a DARK BLOB.


Ma ape has a better camera but a similar problem with the blobitude!

My sissy has facial features--including a mouth she uses for BITING AND NAGGING me!--but you can't tell from this photo. You can make out an eye and a wubba floating around a DARK BLOB! It gets worse because our ma ape doesn't know nothin' about using light:

Note how the corgi's features, even though he's ITTY BITTY in BODY and BRAIN and even though he's far in the background, are perfectly clear! We sheppys? BLOBS! Blobs with barely perceptible eyes.


Edgrr snuggles with a BLOB.


I suppose this partly explains why black dogs EVEN DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME ONES LIKE ME have a hard time getting adopterated. We are dark, brooding, mysterious. Even though I have a wonderfully expressive face my ma ape can READ LIKE A BOOK (especially when I've been naughty and my face reads GUILT! or when my brudder gets attention and my face reads JELLY!) and my sissy has a big ole smile, we're inscrutable.

But we did find an exception to this BLOB rule:


Somehow, Wally's face was perfect for bouncing off the lights! (And blogger DOES NOT want to shrink this photo!).

We must learn to capture some of the Wally PHOTOMOJO so that we do not look like Otis, Edgrr and their FLOATING BLOBS OF DOOM!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Wally had photomojo because Wally was perfect. Nuff said. Also, mom is know all excited about the blob book.

xo
SB

2:03 PM  
Blogger Randi said...

OH BE STILL MY ACHING HEART! MY WALLY-TAMALE!!!!!! Oh how I miss that face...& Sophie is right. Wally was perfect & still makes my heart go pitter-patter...

Quincy & I know all too well the blob-a-problem of being a black doggie...

Love & Licks,
Randi

4:36 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Wally! Bigger than life!

Hey, guess what? Momma does the post processing on PeeWee's photos because he always looks like a black blob too so there you go.

Slobbers,
Mango

6:39 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

We agree with Sophie...Wally was Pawfect. You guys may never approach his perfection, but we think you might improve with AGE.

gussie

7:16 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

My mom understands the challenges whenevFUR she has a blakhk dog on transport -

ESPECIALLY when she tries to take their pikhs in the Xterra -

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

7:25 PM  
Blogger Jed and Abby in MerryLand said...

Mama had the same problem with black Great Danes. It sounds like Mango Momma has figured something out. Maybe after Mango Minster is over and she's had a chance to recover, she can do another tutorial like that great one she did on adding music to videos.

We never knew Wally, but what a handsome face.

Jed & Abby

4:36 AM  
Blogger Kari in Alaska said...

I want a black dog next, I grew up with them. But who knows what dog we will fall for

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though I have Most Beautiful brindle furs, mom says it's hard to take a picture of me and Brudder Ranger together where we both look good. Either I'm too dark or he's too white. I pawsonally think she should just stop taking our picture and that would solve the problem entirely.

And anyway, I think you are the Most Luvliest and Handsomest black blobs anywhere!

Wiggles & wags,
mayzie

5:36 PM  
Blogger Pippa said...

Sheppys are rather good on photos IMDO. Well, Ethel is.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home