Sunday, February 22, 2009

You Say It's my Burpday!!!!

Burpdays are the Best Days!
Link
Six years ago TODAY a lady showed up at Three Rivers Rescue in Snoqualmie Washington (that's where they filmed the intro to Twin Peaks. And yes, I'd like a slice of cherry pie, please. And that fish from the percolator). And I adopted that lady!
Link
Gus asked how old I am and the answer is, a lady never tells. But they thought I was eight at my rescue. My ma ape isn't sure I was that old but it's hard to tell because I have always had British teeth. And now I'd like to show you my burpday!

First we went to the field and it was RAINING. Of all the nerve!

But I still taught the peppy sheppys a thing or two! And then we came home for STEAKS!


Eat steak, eat steak, eat a big ole steak!


And then my ma ape said that we could go outside (for better light) to open my BIG BOX from GRAMMIE! The sheps offered to help!

But no way Jose am I sharing!

It was ALL great stuff! Apes Apes Apes! I tried to bribe my ma ape with the lovey ape but she said no re-gifting and I didn't want to give it to her anyway.

But look at the best part! Grammie knows me!!!! It's WALL-E! With WALL-Y!!!!

This is the greaterest, Grammie! Thank you so so much!

Then my buds Narra, Jacks, Tuchuck, Rousseau, and Tanner sent over their ape and I was like, oh yawn, an ape (cuz apes are pretty boring) but then he brought me a BAG from CANANANANADA and while it did not have Sophie or Lola in it, it DID have special Canadian snacks smuggled across the border!

As you can see, they are TAS-TY! They are elk snacks that look like elk poo! YUM.

I had many wonderful burpday wishes from my friends including Lenny who sent me a loverly card and Stan who made me some hi-larious art over at his place!



And Marvin wrote me a pome!


A Burpday Verse for Wally from Marvin:

"Wally, dear Wally, has a burpday coming up,
Wally, dear Wally, our dearest blogging pup.

How I wish him all the very best across the miles,
Lots of burpday gifts and lotsa smiles.

Many tasty eatables, meatables and a tennis ball,
For in our Hearts, dear Wally will always Walk Tall..........

All this burpdayin' has made me very tired so I'm going to get some beauty rest (once I'm done with my Canadian tastyables!) Thank you to everyone who sent me wonderful burpday wishes and, of course, to Grammie who united me with Wall-E! I am the luckiest dog in the world.

Zzzzzzzzz....

Labels: , , , , , ,

20 Comments:

Blogger ThePainterPack said...

I is soooooooo glad woo had a great burpday!!!!! The pressies looked like such fun! Not too sure about that steak thing...a little rare for my taste! But harooooo!!! Happy Burpday to Woo!!!!

Mya Boo Boo

7:19 PM  
Blogger nl1990 said...

Happy burpday to Wally!

nancy

7:30 PM  
Blogger Randi said...

HAPPY BURPDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BURPDAY TO YOU!

HAPPY BURP-DAY MY DEAR WALLY TAMALE!

HAPPY BURPDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy you adopterated your ma-ape all those years ago...

Love & Licks,
Randi

7:38 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Happy Burpday Wally. What a haul you got from my Grammie.
Peanut (who's kind of jealous but is still your BFF)

7:42 PM  
Blogger Moose said...

Oh happy day Wally T corgador! Looks like the peppy sheppys might have been a little confused about whose day it was but guess you might have had trouble reaching all the way in the box w/o them. I simply will not believe you are a day over 10 though!
Happy Burpday from Moose + me!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Oh wowser...STEAK. All I ever get around here is salmon. And some shrimp. And tuna. Guess that is not so bad. But I remember when my friend Travis stayed with us, and his muzzer sent us all steaks for his burpday. OH YUM> I am jealous. You are really the world's luckiest dog. And one of the most smartest too.

gussie

8:06 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Happy Birthday Wally!
You got very nice presents from Grammie!
And the steaks?? OMD!
Glad you had a great time celebrating your big day!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

8:33 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

What a full day of fun AND tummy woo had!

Your box of Grammie Goods was furry nice!

I'm glad woo had a furry special day!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: I had a bone in your honour...well, it was akhtually a tank woo fur my fine skhwirrel patrol duty!

8:38 PM  
Blogger The Brat Pack said...

Happy Burpday Sweetpea! I wish I coulda had a piece of your steak...but I would have given it all to you anyways.

xoxo
Samantha

PS I was worried you were getting Roscoe for your bday.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

Happy Burpday Wall-Y!!!! May there be many many more!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

9:24 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

OMD,
Did you ever have the best day. Dawson was always trying to get into that box before it was sent. Grammie had to explain to him over and over that it was for you. He is such a dingle dorf.
We can't believe how lucky your Ma Ape was to have you taken pity on her and enriched her life a million fold since those days in WA.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

Happy Burpday Wally, GooberStan and Stella sent us over. Glad you had great treateeees and toys...

Licks, Sally

2:21 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Happy birthday, Wally! What nice pressies you got and your steak........OMG, to-die-for! We're so glad you had a special day!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

5:07 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Wally!!! I hope you had the best burpday ever! I totally would have been in that sac from Canada except that they by-passed la belle province altogether when they drove back. Can you believe they didn't come to see me?

You are one handsome Woober dude, British teeth and all.

xoxo
SB

9:32 AM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

omdog APES APES APES!! I hope you have fun with those things, but man oh man I can't stop staring at that STEAK. YOWZA does that loook good!

HAPPY BURPDAY DUDE!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Jake of Florida said...

Oh, we are so out of it -- or at least you know who is -- we missed your burpday and it is such a SPECIAL day. It's special, of course, because it's your -- el corgador's -- burpday -- but it's also Teddy Kennedy's bday -- not to mention the good GW -- George Washington's bday.

So happy burpday, happy barkday, happy birthday, Wally!!!
Wirey love,

Jake and Just Harry

12:46 PM  
Blogger Patience-please said...

WE are just LIVID at our dopey servant. She is studying in some big boring book all the time and neglecting the important things. (She tells us by studying the big boring book, she will get a J.O.B. which will give her something called M.O.N.E.Y. to spend on us. WHAT???)
Anywho it is all her fault that we are so behind. That looks like some AWESOME beef behind you're gnawing on!
Happy happy day, dear Walleye!

wags from the whippets

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh I cannot get my drool around the pics of the steak, (there is too much of it, drool I mean, not steak!!!!!!)......what a wonderful day.

I am so happy that lady showed up at the rescue place and Twin Peaked you home, and she adopted you!

Isn't it great when the Apes finally have a good idea?

Your burpday, will easily go down as the best in Dog Blog History, and Wall E as well.

btw, as a Scottish Dog and family, we hope we are exempt from British Teeth!!!! That bit of your post made my Jeannie fall off her chair laffing. She kept wittering on about the human ape, Austin Powers for some reason!

Many happy and laffing licks (and Jeannie, please, please get up off the floor and compose yrself!!!!!)

Marvin xxxxxxxxxxxx

2:32 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

WAlly!

You are the Woober of Woobers and I am STINKIN' glad you were born, man! Looks to me like you were being celebrated around the globe! Those steaks look fab, by the way.

Grammie is the Grammie of Grammies and did you right with that Wall-E stuffy. Did you SEE those googly eyes?

You were a good beast to share your burpday fortunes with your sheppie sibs! I'm sure they will remember the loved you showed (for all of 3 seconds)!

Goober love & smooches,
Stanley

4:35 AM  
Blogger Jen and Suki said...

So sorry to be so bee-LATED but happy burpday, Wally! We're chewing meaty bones in your honor here in MN.

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home