Friday, February 22, 2008

MONKEY STICK! (Or, how I rescued my ma ape)

Today is a very important day. Five years ago TODAY I rescued my ma ape. She was in a place called graduate school which is foster care for apes who don't want to get real jobs. I was at a place called Three Rivers Rescue in Snoqualmie Washington. I had lived there for over five months after I was found roaming the streets of Yakima, WA. I was missing a good chunk of my fur and many of my teeth. I had been found with an embedded chain and loads of fleas plus an upper respiratory infection. And I was really shy and would roll over onto my back whenever anyone came near me so my picture on Petfinder was of my belly. They thought I was going to be an old-timer--a dog who stayed in foster home until he died. In the five months I was there, not a single person had come to see me. But I was waiting to rescue the right person. My other ape saw me at the rescue and said "Is he always going to look like that?" Well, it was all a plan to find someone who would love me for my inner beauty before being blinded by my incredible handsomeness. And boy am I handsome now!

I've been celebrating my good judgment today with some help from my friends. Like Ruby Bleu who sent me an awesome card!



And I had to pose for my official burpday portrait. Which one do you think?

Wally in technicolor?



Open-mouthed Wally?


Grinnin' Wally?


Slightly tipsy Wally?


In addition to getting photos of my handsome mug I have had to have copious eatables--my friends demanded it! Here I am with a wizzler.


And a little chicken back (shout out to Sherms!)


And I ate a few snowballs.


And now I give you....MONKEY STICK!


My ma ape decided that I already have a LOT of stuffies and I have been going through them quickly (thanks to me and my sissy's tugging matches and my un-stuffing tendencies) so she would get me one NICE one instead of lots of ones that would wind up as piles of stuffing by this evening. So wanted one that was 1) big 2) sturdy 3) made a lot of noise.

Monkey stick is 1) as big as me 2) very well constructed 3) has a squeaker in each limb, in the butt, and in the nose AND a honker in the body! A stuffy fit for a Woober!


Now THIS is a present I can sink my teeth into.


I wrote a song for it. It goes like this.
"Who's got a monkey stick? I do!
Who's got a monkey stick. Not you!"

Party on, friends!

Labels: , , , , ,

31 Comments:

Blogger Sophie Brador said...

Awesome monkey! I'm still trying to work out the stick part, but that might just be because I am a dog. I hope you continue to copious treats, but I hope you don't end up with copious poops tomorrow.

Have the best burpday ever!

xo
SB

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy burpday Wally!

You know some hoomums take longer to rescue than others...

Ben, Robin, Blue and Shelby

6:04 PM  
Blogger Jen and Suki said...

Happy burpday, Wally buddy! If I was there I'd help you with the open squeaker opawation on that monkey.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Gus said...

Wally: How can one choose from such an assortment of great photo likenesses? Thank you for sharing them all, instead of choosing only one.

I have been deputized by Faya, the lovely Swiss Aire-Girl, to deliver best wishes and a barkday kiss.


mmmmmmwaaaaaaah!
And I wouldn't do that for just anyone.

Gussie

7:12 PM  
Blogger Emily and Ike said...

Happy Birthday!
Did you get my card?
Ike

8:22 PM  
Blogger Noah the Airedale said...

G'day Wally,
It's ever so good to meet you. I heard that it's your barkday from Ruby so we thought we'd pop over to say have a great day.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

8:47 PM  
Blogger Randi said...

WALLY! That Monkey stick ROCKS! So happy you were able to rescue your ma ape...what the heck were you doing wandering the streets...? Oh...my heart just aches thinking of you homeless...but luckily you were able to rescue & came to live the good life!

WE LOVE YOU WALLY!

Love & Licks,
Randi

8:48 PM  
Blogger Randi said...

PSST! WALLY! Go to my Bloggy for my Burpday SHOUT OUT to you!

Love & Licks,
Randi

ps..HI ETHELLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Burpday Wally!

I love all of your birthday photos, but the one of you eating snowballs is the best!

diane

9:22 PM  
Blogger Poppy said...

Wow, I am so totally jealous of your Monkey Stick! Although, my purple loofah dog is almost as big as me and sometimes I trip over it. I probably wouldn't even be able to budge your giant Monkey Stick!

Happy Burpday!!!!!!!!!!!

Poppy

9:46 PM  
Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Wally!
We all know how happy you have made your ma ape during these 5 years!
Thanks for sharing the story!
I hope your next post will not be about a de-stuffed monkey!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

10:18 PM  
Blogger The Brat Pack said...

That description of you before you rescued your Ma Ape makes our eyes water. Thank goodness you found her and took her in.

That Monkey Stick ROCKS!!! We've never seen one before.

Happy Burpday and many, many more!!!

Love,
Dot, Tucker, Bear and Mostly Samantha

PS Did you get anything in your in-box from us? Our secretary might have screwed it up.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

what a great post, we are so glad you rescued your Mom. I couldn't imagine my life had I not known Wally. That Monkey Stick is fascinating, I wish I could have one but Tanner would just kill it!

2:33 AM  
Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Wally, love the monkey stick. Can you give us an EDT (Estimated Destruction Time)? Whenever I get a new toy J1 & J2 place bets on how long it will last me. J x

3:58 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

I'm so glad you now have a wonderful loving home. Hard to decide with the photo's they are all so handsome. The song is cool and true.

Simba xx

4:04 AM  
Blogger Dexter said...

Wally, your momma is so lucky you rescued her. I'm sure about that whole stuffie theory. We'll see how long the monkey lasts.

4:48 AM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Monkey stick is awesome, Wally! He looks like a cushy pillow! We love that wizzler picture of you! Too cute!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

5:47 AM  
Blogger Mack said...

Hope your big day was great!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

A very happy, if slightly belated, birthday to you Wally! Looks like you had a smashing time!

Toodle pip
Harry x

9:00 AM  
Blogger Amber-Mae said...

You are one LUCKY guy to have adopted such a wonderful Ma Ape who gives you lotsa love, wallymelons, meatables & honking stuffies!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

10:27 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

We are so glad that your Ma Ape was able to look beyond the superficial outer covering that we all have to the inner beauty that you possess. We could not choose one picture as we love all of them. That Monkey stick stuffie ROCKS! I hope you are squeaking the fella all over the house. May be you have many, many more years with your Ma Ape.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Cody, THE Fussy Pot Pants said...

Happy Barkday Wally! I like u in technicolour!

And wat a nice toy u got! We don't see such things over here!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Wally
You and youw ma Ape awe so lucky to have wescued each othew!!! I love all youw pawtwaits!! You look fabulous in all of them!
That monkey stick is amazing I hope you keep having the whole weekiend to celebwate this gweat occasion!
smoochie kisses
Asta

3:18 PM  
Blogger Asta said...

Wally
You wouldn't believe it, but the same thing happened to my snow..today I went out..and NOTHING!!!!!!!
Who goes awound stealing snow???
it must be those repugnicans
smoochie kisses
Asta

6:50 PM  
Blogger Hammer said...

Hi Wally
I'm very sorry I'm late wishing you a very HAPPY BARKDAY !!! We're so pleased your pawrents found you and we think you're very beautiful. We could not choose which was the best photo.
I'm adopted too. I came to my mum on 22 November 2006. And I love soft toys. I've never been given soft toys and since I joined DWB my new friends have sent me sooooo many beautiful toys, which unfortunately hit the dust real quick coz I'm ruff. Wow !!! Your monkey is pawsome. I wish I had a monkey like this.
Love from Hammer

10:37 PM  
Blogger Princess, Tank and Isaac: The Newfs of Hazard said...

We love that first picture of you, Wally!

12:11 AM  
Blogger Princess Patches said...

Wally, that Monkey Stick looks pawsome! We hope you have lots of fun with it before you commit destructomania on it! Hope you had a very happy barkday! And good job on the rescue of your Ma Ape! We don't know what she would have done without you!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy & Penny

9:26 AM  
Blogger PerfectTosca said...

Wally! I am SO sorry I missed the One and Only Corgidore's birthday! I feel so bad I'm biting my foot here!!!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Moco said...

Grammie went to the Columbia Humane Society yesterday and sponsored a dog named Mac for adoption in the name of the GREAT Wally T. Corgador. We didn't see her picture on the website though. When they put it up we will sent it to you. Grammie
loves sponsoring dogs.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Agatha and Archie said...

We are so sorry to be late in wishing you a happy barkday!!1You rock Wally and we are so happy you and you Ma ape found each other.(PL2 was wicked teary on reading that part)The monkey stick has left us speechless...totally pawsome(but like Sophie the stick part is baffling to us....) We hope you had a blast!!! Love and HUGE barkday smoochies A+A

9:52 PM  
Blogger Maximillian the Valliant said...

Nice Monkey Stick. I'll bet if you tried hard you could snap its neck.


Maxey

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home