Thursday, March 29, 2007

Recalled Ears!


Another recall! This time not dog food but pig's ears. I'm not allowed to eat them because I try to swallow them whole (and they tend to be really overprocessed with the chemicals and whatnot, according to my ma ape.)

Here's the relevant info:

The voluntary recall includes dog treats sold by BJ's Wholesale Club in its 25-count packages of "Berkley & Jensen" Full-Cut Pig Ears dog treats with no lot number and only the expiration advisories "BEST IF USED BY 2009" (without referencing a specific month) as well as "BEST IF USED BY SEPTEMBER 2009," "BEST IF USED BY OCTOBER 2009," "BEST IF USED BY NOVEMBER 2009," and "BEST IF USED BY DECEMBER 2009."

Mr. J always jokes that Ethel acts as if we're trying to poison her whenever they're trying to give her food. Maybe she's on to something! I may have to buy a monkey butler to taste all my food first.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

We have Pigs Ears here in UK, but I don't like them at all. Very strong artificial taste....only thing I turn my nose up at ......oooh that was not good grammar there, sorry!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

When I first saw the header I assumed chocolate bunny ears! Now that would have been a travesty. I don't eat pig ears anyway, they give me the awful smelling been dead for a long time runny poops.

Bussie Kissies
Buster

2:07 PM  
Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Mom shops at BJ's all the time but she doesn't buy pig's ears. Mom discovered that if you hold it up to the light you can see piggy's veins in there! She freaked and said NO MORE, YUK!
Thanks for the info though Wally!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home