Tuesday, December 27, 2005

now it's on.

in comments, a philosophically inclined wolverine fan (and cat lover) questioned the wonder that is nebraska football. since you are empirically challenged i will present my case as to cornhusker superiority. number of nebraska national championships in the last 25 years: 5. number of wolverine championships: a debatable one. let me interpret the data: huskers rule, wolverines drool.

look, i know you're just bitter that the outhouse bowl chose the hawkeyes over you (and i've been to iowa; that is embarassing) and your fans are a little lame so i will take pity on you.

go big red!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wally, you need to ask your mawma about empirical data: it's all just another product of l'ecriture and so of no more argumentative weight that any other bon mot. Besides, I may be empirically challenged, but, hey, I am a philosopher: I don't need to care about no stinkin' data.

I am also unprincipled when it comes to football (but not when it comes to cats): I may shift my allegiances to my other alma mater, USC, at a moment's notice, or even faster. Philosophically inclined and shifty, that's me.

And let me admit it before you point it out, Wally: this behavior is quite cat-like. What was it that Emerson said? Foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, or sumpin' like that.

12:37 PM  
Blogger wally said...

spoken like a true wolverine, both petulant in the face of defeat and unprincipled, your loyalty wandering at the first sign of trouble.

i believe plato said a dog (not a cat) has the soul of a philosopher. when we become kings, we will banish the cats and the wolverine fans to the cave to chase their own shadows.

ps. herbie husker is in the final in the mascot challenge this year. where are the wolverines and the trojans? oh right, no one likes them! go big red!

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home