Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Wally's Field Guide to Peppy Sheppys

My Girl Sophie asked me how I can tell the two sharkie sheppies apart.

It is an excellent question. They are both black in color, long in leg, pointy in ear, and doofus in disposition. And they both pee like girls. Not like big boys like me n' Tadpole.

Both also have an unnatural attraction to tennis balls.

In the rustle and tussle of a rasslin' match they are especially hard to tell apart, all ears and white teeth.

And most of the time I ignore them collectively, occasionally shouting "SHUT IT" or "GET AWAY FROM MY STUFFY"

But here is a quick and easy guide for how to tell apart the peppy sheppys should you encounter them in the wild.

Ethel: Highlights on toes n' chest. Taller. Fluffier. Deep, low voice. Bit of a loner.

Oscar: No highlights. Shorter. Skinnier. Squeals like a little girl. Likes to snuggle with both of us.


That's it for the long n' pointies. I myself prefer the short n' rounds.

Ah, much better. And one of kind, too!

Labels: , , , , ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I never noticed it, but Ethel *is* a little more buff. He's still a young un, though... he'll beef up and grow up to pee like us eventually....

8:12 PM  
Blogger NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Woo surely are one of a kind!

And that is SOOOOO a furry good thing!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

8:17 PM  
Blogger Dexter said...

I'm not sure its important to distinguish between them. They seem like a couple of doofuses to me. How do you stand it?

Slobbers,
Mango

8:20 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

Mom says the ma ape should get the dogs that are like me and Flash. That would be to cool. I don't know if I could take those two you live with but then again I might have lots of fun with them.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Honestly Wally. How DO you stand it? Those "shark","peppy sheppys" look loud, obnoxious and like sheer pains in the ass.... I'm just sayin. When do you get any peace?!?
At least Scooter is small(though he doesn't know it) and has no one to act a fool with...you are welcome to come down here on a retreat sometime.
Hugs
Sunny

10:25 PM  
Blogger Moco said...

You put up with so much. It is a wonder that you have any sanity left. Great picture of you. It made Grammie smile.

1:00 AM  
Blogger Simba and Jazzi said...

Been one of kind is always a good thing.

Simba x

4:05 AM  
Blogger Sophie Brador said...

I prefer the short and rounds too. I've actually be trying to walk on my knees so as to pass for short and round. It's kind of hard.

xo
SB

5:02 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

hmm I think I'd probably just get out of the way if I saw EITHER of them coming, you are a brave dude living with those two.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Princess Patches said...

Now you know how Penny must feel living with Poppy and me (Patches)! We are constantly playing bitey somethin' and doing zoomies while Penny tries to nap. Most of the time, she's way to dignified to join in our games. That's MOST of the time...sometimes she jumps right in, but then we usually get yelled at because Penny can't play without barking like a fool!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

2:44 PM  
Blogger the Corgi Girls said...

We love ya short stuff, you're just our style!

;o)
M & I

7:42 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

I like Ethel's highlights, I have similar ones myself.

We've missed reading your adventures, Wally! Hopefully, The Girl will bring me by a little more often!

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home