Sunday, June 29, 2008

SPCA on Saturday!

It's time for another tour of the ole SPCA and the dogs that could live in YOUR HOUSE. This week there were lots and lots of new ones which is totes sad but my ma ape says they are also overrun with goddamn cats and while I know that I am not supposed to like the goddamn cats it is very sad to see so many in the shelter I wish people would do the ole snip n' nip with their pets to avoid filling shelters with homeless goddamn kitties. Ahem, on to the dogs.

Chase. This little dude likes to play and is very photogenic.


Doug is a lab mix and this picture captures his personality pretty well. He's very excited about everything.


Paloma. She is an exotic beauty who wears eye makeup on one eye. She also likes to sit on people.


This dude is Rudy! He was my ma ape's favorite. He's a bit long in the tooth but that makes him a calm and nice gentleman. He loves getting pets and maxing and relaxing in the shade. He liked to rest his head on my ma ape's shoulder which is much more polite than my baby brudder who likes to rest his head in her crotch.


This is Cheyenne who recently had a litter of pups (spay and neuter, folks!) and she has a hilarious scream/squeal when she's excited. She's very friendly.


This is Bear! My ma ape thought he would be a good Sherman but he already had a name. He is HUGE and has a bad habit of giving bear hugs. But he's loveable and likes to play.


And then there's our old friend Big Red.

My ma ape was a little P.O'd because he had gotten adopted but they brought him back. First they said he lunged at children (which was surprising because he was nice at the shelter) but then they said that he lunged at teenagers (who doesn't, really?) and then when they brought him back they had a little beagle mix puppy. So, as it turns out, he didn't lunge--they just found a dog they wanted more. And then they wanted their money back. Sigh. People can be so dumb and I wish they would just be honest when they bring dogs back and remember that your lie could mean that a dog gets put down or misses out on being adopted because you were too embarassed to admit to a total stranger that you were impulsive. OK, that is the end of today's lecture.

Fortunately Big Red was no worse for the wear:

And I was not as jealous this week because when my ma ape got home she gave us all bully straps. Yup, I still got it.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Mack said...

My mom would love to take home Doug - and all the others too.

1:26 PM  
Blogger The Brat Pack said...

Mom wants to know if you could ship Bear UPS please.

Tucker
(Please say no)

5:51 PM  
Blogger Peanut said...

My mom says while you are shipping Bear UPS to the brats please pack up Rudy and ship him to us. You could even ship him to the brats to save on postage and she says she will drive up there and pick him up.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Joe Stains said...

omdog BEAR is adorable, heck they all are. Your Mom is so great to volunteer there, our Mom is way too much of a sap and could not do it.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Randi said...

Oh...I want them all..I think for the next International Goodie Exchange, we should all pic a nice doggie from the local shelter & send it to the name we get...Intl Doggie Xchange....

Your ma is such a good ma-ape for playing & lovin on all those doggies...

I think I'm gonna nick name her ...(ala SUPERBAD) MaLovin...(instead of MacLovin...get it? he he he)

Love & Licks,
Randi

11:01 PM  
Blogger Stanley said...

You Totes Rule Woober Boy!

So does your ma ape.

Give her a big juicy goob smooch from me, okay?

Goober love & smooches for you,
Stanley

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home