Monday, October 02, 2006

dogs, dreams and downers


it was the best of times and the worst of times. this weekend i had a great time at the park herding the geese, begging from children (none with hotdogs, little bastards), and marking just about everything i missed last weekend. but friday night i had a nightmare. i started barking in my sleep, woke up my mawma, and then started barking while awake. i was really anxious and could only get back to sleep once i was in the naked ape bed and had some comfort petting.

what do dogs have nightmares about? (feel free to make your own suggestion, my friends in the dogosphere!)
  • empty food bowls
  • a world without bullysticks
  • totalitarian regimes led by cats who scratch our noses and bogart the litter box snacks
  • squirrels that fight back
  • refrigerators that won't open
and i had yet another nightmare experience sunday night when my seahawks played the bears. my onkel eric is a bears and a stealers fan and so far i am 0-2 against him. i owe him a lot of fat dog ales. i understand now why stephen colbert fears the bears.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sid the Dog said...

Sometimes I have a nightmare about not being able to, uh, satisfy my own urges, if you know what I mean... The horror... The... horror....

6:31 PM  
Blogger wally said...

some more:

a world where our markings are odorless and we can't leave pee-mails.

my dog park taken over by goddamn cats.

my mawma getting a puppy. simon--i feel for you, man. i get assurances every day that i'm the cutest thing in the world but it's hard to compete with the little wiggly things. it's not! fair!

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A world with no tennis balls. My lord, I can't even bring myself to think about it without freaking out.

9:26 PM  
Blogger wally said...

Boomer, I could live without tennis balls but my sister Ethel, could not. And, come to think of it, in a world without tennis balls we could not play the game in which I steal the tennis ball (which I don't even really want) from my Ethel and refuse to give it back. So I, too, shudder to imagine.

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just imagine the horror if we could not reach our "privates"!!!!!!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home