Thursday, November 23, 2006

thanksgiving dinner

thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because it is all about food and football. and since the football today is lousy it's all about food!


here's the thing about my mawma--she's crazy. she doesn't eat any animal bits so she made a tofurkey. she's funny that way. she made me and my sister cod, though. so we had nice bowls of fish. and some sweet potatoes. yum.


here's the whole spread. they must have hidden the booze for this photo because there was booze, too. all that food--and they wouldn't let me get on the table! not even to eat the leftovers!


here i am patiently watching my granny eat. if she spills i will be there to catch. i do a lot of public service.


my sister begs, too, but she's tall enough to see the table. tempting.


after dinner i am exhausted and i have to sleep at my gramps's feet. does tofurkey have tryptophan? burp...zzzzzzzzzzzzz...burp.

7 Comments:

Blogger Boo Casanova said...

ok, that's cruelty! you get to watch but not eat! somebody please call the local SPCA!

btw, a late HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

wet wet licks

Boo

8:39 PM  
Blogger Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Happy Thanksgiving Wally :-)

Love
opy

6:10 AM  
Blogger wally said...

boo--

good suggestion, but the spca has stopped taking my calls after i called them every time i didn't get my breakfast before 7 a.m.

opy--

right back at you! and happy burpday.

wally.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Sid the Dog said...

I have always been fascinated by tales of the Tofurkey. It was very nice of your mawma to make you some delicious cod. I was given some scraps during the preparation phase of dinner and then incited the wrath of Great Oppressor B when I kept wanting to turn back during our walk so I could go home and beg. Well, he's really not very wrathful but he did make me lie down a few times. I hope the football today is okay and Happy Day After Thanksgiving (not the Day After as in the creepy television movie, but a pleasant day after).
Love,
Sid

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tofurkey - hmmmmmm. I don't think Grrramma or anybody else would come over if my Mom served that.

Bussie Kissies
Buster

3:40 PM  
Blogger wally said...

my opinion may not be reliable because i will eat anything but i think the tofurkey is pretty darned tasty. it pretty much absorbs the flavor of whatever you cook it with. my mawma made all the other naked apes some seafood, too. my family is a bunch of softies so i got a little of everything. my favorite was the sweet potatoes! sid--you need to work harder on your oppressors. the pilgrims would have wanted you to have some.

wally.

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Wally,

Apparently my people had good results with some sort of "chestnut roast," or some such. I, frankly, did not really care about it. But their hands were nice, as always.

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home